ravage and soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kjeevahh, Oct 26, 2008.

1. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    Here is some photoshop fun that will just get lost in the millions of pages of the news thread -

first off a comparison of the first set photo we had from tf2, he's been refined quite a bit including being given 2 eyes and made alot skinnier, but it seems pretty clear that it was of ravage -

[​IMG]

also here's a mockup of battlemode soundwave, ie. with visor and faceplate -

[​IMG]

2. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Yeeeah... sorry man, but I think you're making yourself see things that aren't really there. Nothing about those pictures - not a single thing - are comparible, let alone visual evidence that they're the same character. The top photo looks like what could be Ravage if he his alt mode is Soundwave's engine, and the bottom photo looks like - and probably is - what Frenzy looks like after his little 'head getting chopped in half' incident from the first movie.

3. Grimlock King

Grimlock King GRRRrrr me hate titles

Ebay:
    if soundwave is made, can't wait for the movie toy!!!!

4. cornpone

cornpone Lobot&me

I hope Soundwave's face looks like it did in G1 toons. His voice, face, robot size and minions are most important to me - not his alternate modes or body design. I don't particularly enjoy Ravage's head. It looks a bit too much like Alien. A truck seems about right for his size. Why do some replies to the 'Soundwave as a truck' rumor shoot it down because Orci said that was not true? Is Orci leaking 100% truth?

5. DazzalingFury

DazzalingFury The COLLECTOR of Stuff

All i really want is the voice haha But yeh at the moment i am a little bit disappointed at his badass look buh meh like people have said before, it could be a working model

6. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Other than the same basic neck design, I don't see much else that directly relates to anything on the Ravage concept. The dreadlocks especially are quite a noticeable difference that would suggest two similar but different designs. Of course, the overall styles are similar so what you're suggesting is not entirely impossible, I'm just not convinced yet.

As for Soundwave, yep, a visor and battle mask (assuming the design doesn't already have one - it's hard to tell one way or the other) would be enough to cement the design as Soundwave. But just to take it a step further (and because it's likely this will get lost in the news thread as well):

7. AngusDF

AngusDF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice digibash. Give him a silver mouthplate, and then make his orbs look like dark-glass, and the silver detail around them goldish, and we have a winner!

By the way, I agree this Ravage concept art and the puppet used during filming share some similarities. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be the same character. But I prefer to believe that the puppet is actually another of Soundawave's minion: Rumble.

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I remember back before the first movie came out, someone was dissecting leaked concept art, and trailer images to prove that Megatron was not actually Megatron, but Scorponok's robot mode.

9. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Woah woah woah, time out.

Scorponok has/had a robot mode?!

10. soundwave34

soundwave34 OBSESSED Transformers Fan

But the main point of concern is how Soundwave will look in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009).
    I remember before Transformers (2007) came out and the concept art of Optimus Prime and Megatron came out. Alot of people really didn't like it, yet after the movie came out most of the outrage was settled.

11. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    doesn anyone else get a xenomorph vibe from that ravage concept?
    maybe it's because i just watched avp2, but i'm seriously feeling that

12. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the Frank Welker news of him supposedly getting a package in the mail from Paramount, a part of me is hoping he is coming to do Soundwave's voice and not Megatron's. And yeah I agree Ravage does have an Alien Giger look to him.

13. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Your changes are pretty good. He still looks too bulky in my opinion. The squat look with huge round shoulder armour isn't right for Soundwave. He needs a tall, upright stature, square-ish torso, his shoulder cannon and rifle as well. If this design is real, Bay and co. have a lot to do to get it up to scratch. However, after the fiasco with the (very) early Starscream sketch proving accurate to his film concept, and Megatron remaining a truly pathetic design, I am not holding my breath for any tangible improvements.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The toy did....it wasnt shown in the film.

15. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    KJ, your ideas I pretty much agree with a 100%, unfourtanetly I don't think that is ravage. I mean it's kind of funny the like-ness in the sense of the vertibrates and the horns, but other then that nothing else seems to emsh well

But hey, we wouldn't know anyways because there is still ALOT more to be confirmed for the movie yet

16. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    I see this as part of the problem when updating popular characters like Soundwave. Everyone is going to have a different opinion of the right way to do him and sometimes it can vary drastically. For example, I happen to disagree with you about Soundwave needing the shoulder cannon or a particularly tall, upright stature. That doesn't make you wrong and it doesn't make me right anymore than it makes the movie designers' interpretation of Soundwave wrong or right.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    all im interested in is a faceplate visor and the right voice, i dont think anything else matters that much

18. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am also interested in the faceplate, visor and the voice.

19. Revan

Revan Well-Known Member

I just hope this is the concept, not the actual Soundwave. The robot modes all black design and light-up blue "dishes" look cool, but, the face and overall body design looks like a beefed-up Barricade. Didn't another semi-confirmed decpticon have a robot mode that looked like Barricade, also? Is that how all the decpitcon look like now, Barricade?.?.?

I really hope Soundwave's vehicle mode is a Cybertronian stealth/spy plane. And if we didn't know that the Sr-71 was Jetfire, I'd bet money, it was Soundwave. Another all black pickup? Really, maybe it's just me, wasn't there a all black pickup in the last movie called Ironhide?

Did the people working on the designs for this movie, not see the first???? Of course if Hasbro is involved in the design, well we all know how much they love repaints.

20. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I can guarantee that soundwave will not be getting a jet mode of any kind, with all of this evidence and missinformation floating I would bet that he will have a truck for an alt-mode, Again like orci said, the whole campaign to miss-inform us about the movie went rancid..

Honestly the GMC topkick and the toyata Tundra are completley different work-horses. And that would make soundwave smaller then IronHide 100%

As for Hasbro, they actually had little to say in how the movie was being created...Orci said it himself, which I find funny :lol