Rating this year's Botcon Exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jerryitus, Jul 3, 2010.

?

How would you rate this year's botcon exclusives as a whole?

1. A

28 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. B

22 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. C

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. D

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

How would you rate them? I'm thinking that they were very good compared to last year's set, but still not up to the 2007 or 2008 sets. I'd rank it as the 3rd best total set since they started large sets in '05, and I'd give the set a 'B' as a whole.

2. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best set ever. Putting them together just looks aesthetically very interesting. All of the toys had great molds. I am talking from the boxset to the addons. The 2008 set had some duds in the add ons. 2007 set was great, but this year's set is just very pleasing to look at. Finally had time to open up slice and rapido yesterday.Put them next to Breakdown and it is way cool.

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The 2009 set definitely scores an A from me. I don't have an idea where exactly I'd rank everything, other than 2005 lol, but it's such a well-done set and pleasing to the eye. It's the first time I've seen a Botcon set and wished I owned the entire thing instead of going piecemeal or skipping it entirely.

2006 is solid but only had a couple key pieces that stood out from the rest, 2007's inclusion of the Seekers filled a desperate need at the time but little else, 2008 was excellent other than Ricochet, and 2009 was good... just not all that interesting.

4. jerryitus

Wow, lots of high grades, I'm happy that others like it also. Other than 2007 this year's set is the one that inspired me to buy the most exclusive toys.

5. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I actually really like all the BotCon sets. Even the 2005 one.

6. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the first box set that has been made since 07 that makes me want to keep all in the set. Box set + Scorch and Rapido are simply awesome. Really don't care for Sharkticons, Double Punch and Cindersaur.

2008 was ok but really only cared for Rodimus and Prime. Wish I would have jumped on those back in the day.

EDIT: How can you NOT like this set.

[​IMG]

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I like how your sig is progressively getting more figures, Jerry :) 

As to the topic, this is my favorite of the FunPub Botcon sets. The only one I don't find awesome is Streetwise, and even he's not bad taken by himself.

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I feel like I must be the only one who absolutely adores double punch. I really like the mold and the fluorescent accents on him seal the deal. this is the only complete set I have, and it may be my favorite. 2007 would've been if I felt I needed the seekers, but instead I just custom made my own. I've got ironhide/ratchet from 2005 and the two attendee packs from 2007. I really do wish that I had the entire 2006 set. I love beast wars and some of the applications they did on that set are amazing.

9. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I personally have affinity towards this set because I was in the middle of collecting the original G1.5 Euros when these were announced. That, coupled with with my love of the Classics molds, made the 2010 exclusives tops for me.

10. jerryitus

Yeah, I keep thinking I'm done, but then I have to get just one more...

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    No, the Double Punch is fantastic. I'm unpacking them a little at a time and enjoying each of them very much. Sky-byte especially.

12. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Pretty good sets this year. Can't wait til Rapido and Scorch come in the mail this week!

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I think it's great too. I find it kind of appealing that he's the most hulking figure, but also the brightest. But, that brightness is off-set by stark black (unlike the charcoal faux-black of Dark Scorponok), which just makes the bright colors more fetching. The mold itself isn't perfect, the articulation points are all in weird spots, but that doesn't stop him from looking impressive. My view of which is my favorite of the set has shifted day to day, but he had been in the top spot several times :p 

14. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I thought Fun Pub knocked it out of the park on this year's set. The mold choices were great, no dud toys ('08 Sideswipe and Blurr, nice decos but not the best toy molds) and some in desperate need of a new use (Sharkticon). It succeeded in correcting the mistake of the Wings of Honor set, it's interesting, it's fun, last year's set just came off as boring. Landshark and Flak honestly looked like something I could get at Walmart, and we had less than stellar mold choices for Thunderclash and Kup. Even if you dont like the bright and flashy colors, you certainly cant accuse this set of being dull. That and I think Skybyte, Rapido, and Breakdown alone make the set awesome.

15. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like to enjoy this set slowly as fosterlager has been doing. Opening one here and there as I settle back in.
    It seems that Breakdown is being kept by a lot of people who are selling the set on ebay. It seems that is the one that people are not putting up. Plentiful of the other ones. Breakdown also seem to be maintaining (or gaining) value as the hype goes slowly down with the set. Clench no longer goes for 90+ while the last couple of breakdowns went for 100+.