Rate your interest in Tokusatsu (Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, PR, etc.)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Jul 15, 2011.

?

Toksatsu Interest

1. 10 - Very High

41.7%
  2. 9

6.0%
  3. 8

17.9%
  4. 7

8.3%
  5. 6

3.6%
  6. 5 - Casual interest

4.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

4.8%
  9. 2

3.6%
  10. 1 - No interest at all

9.5%
  1. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This is just an informal poll and I'd like to gather the responses to gauge just how much interest people have in things relative to Toksatsu (Super Sentai, Rider Kick, Power Rangers, etc.)

Feel free to leave any comments. Thanks guys! Appreciate it!!

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Pretty big fan of Super Sentai. My interest is pretty minimal outside of that though I do enjoy watching Power Rangers later on to see what kind of changes they've made to the respective Sentai series. For all the bad press PR gets it's really not half bad... when they stick close to the original Sentai series.

3. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

...did you actually refer to the Kamen Rider franchise as if its name was Rider Kick?!

Tokusatsu covers a lot more than henshin heroes, FYI. Godzilla, Ultraman, Metal Heroes, Gamera, Giant Robo, and so on. And Godzilla himself is the one that started it all for me! My love for dinosaurs, Transformers, Power Rangers, Kamen Rider, Ultraman and so many others all started from seeing Godzilla appear on television at my youngest and most impressionable moment, so to say I'm interested in tokusatsu is an understatement.

4. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

I'm a fair-weather fan. I like Toku, but I'm not obsessed with it, like buying a lot of expensive exclusives.

5. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Don't judge me! I said it's an INFORMAL poll :lol 

6. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    If Rider Kick is referring to Kamen Rider, I have a casual interest. Mostly due to watching reviews of the S.H. Figuarts by Vangelus, which led me to research the franchise, and eventually lead to draining my wallet in these expensive yet oh-so awesome toys...

Curse you, Internet Personality.

7. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    I'd say very high. Over half of my collection is Toku related (Mainly Kamen Rider and Super Sentai).

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I'm extremely interested in the mainstream stuff (Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider). At any given time, I'm probably listening to Kamen Rider music, or browsing Tokusatsu forums. I only really got into the game around last year, but damn, has it been a game. My HFTD/Nest shelf was recently evicted in favor of Toku toys, and I've definitely tried to pick up a fair share of figures and zords in the past few months. Seeing as I'm a poor teenager, I can't afford to grab too much Kamen Rider stuff, but I'd definitely love to in the future. Thus far, I've watched all of Kamen Rider Kiva-OOO, and I've been dragging through Den-O. I've watched various Super Sentai seasons, and my Power Rangers exposure has been average.
    I mostly follow all of the mainline products, by the way. My candy toy and gashapon knowledge is minimal.

9. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watch most of the shows they have and the American adaptions. But I dont often buy the toys or merchandise made. Last thing I got involving them was Figurerise Cyclone Joker. I'd say 8.5 since I look into most the shows a lot but not to often the products made of them.

10. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Little to no.

I gave it some points because I did enjoy the first season or two of Power Rangers wen I was younger, but these days none of the above really interest me.

11. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I like it. But I tend to go through phases of not really giving a damn (and only buying the line I promised myself I'd complete, being SIC KT), and then overdosing on whatever's out at the time. One day I'll finish an entire series.

12. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I'd gauge in at High.
    My first toku program would have to be either Godzilla or Ultraman, since my mom was a big fan before I was born (She was also big into TFs before I was born. Thanks mom! ^^). While Godzilla I still watch to this day, I've never been a big fan of Ultraman, strangely...Anyway, I soon watched PR (Rather faithfully until about SPD), and my bro introduced me to Kamen Rider with Hibiki's movie, Seven War Oni, and then successfully brought me in with Kabuto's movie, God Speed Love (However, the first series I watched from start to finish while it was still ongoing was Decade). My first Sentai experience was actually GaoRanger vs. Super Sentai. I tried to watch Goseiger, but I lost interest, and had lost internet halfway through Shinkenger and never finished...So the first Sentai series I'll end up watching in full is looking to be Gokaiger.

13. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    When it comes to Toku, I have weird weird moods. I'm one of those people that absolutely don't like watching an episode week-by-week, and as such I usually end up marathoning the shows in clumps of 5-10 episodes. I do have a high interest in most of the genre (Still can't get behind Ultraman for some reason, despite how much I like the designs of Belial and Glenfire) and considering the impact it had on my early childhood (Fuck you guys, I loved Masked Rider as a kid. Granted I also loved Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad. And VR Troopers. And that one show with the armored beetle children of which's name escapes me at the moment.) I'm not surprised that it has as much of an impact as Transformers does in my nerdy hobbies and interests.

EDIT: Oh God, that's right Godzilla DOES count doesn't it? Add that to the list for me. My stepgrandfather had loads and loads of the films on VHS tape that I used to watch when I visited him and my grandmother in Santa Clara.

14. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    ...yeah, it's me, my vote is obvious.

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i love tokusatsu, mostly kamen rider and super sentai

stuff like godzilla and ultraman i love, just mostly nostalgic though, but i do love them, just not as much as kamen rider and super sentai

sadly that is the majority of my tokusatsu knowledge, though i do want to try out other stuff

16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    love toku. Mostly into Kamen rider, but sentai, ultraman and anything with kaijus get watched on occasion as well.

the current sentai has overshot my interest in the current rider series and while the next rider series seems to be trying to kill my interest, Kamen Rider is still my favorite.

I go through phases of different interest levels just like everyone else though.

17. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    *Looks at the number of Toku-related characters on my shelf*

Yeah, I'd say it's pretty high. I'm not normally into Sentai though, Kamen Rider's my main thing.

18. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I love my Sentai and Kaiju :D  gonna get more into Kamen Rider once I've finished getting through previous Sentai stuff (so far I've only watched Decade).

19. Kickback

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I put myself at an 8, only because I haven't been a collector of Tokusatsu related merchandise until relatively recently. It's very addicting however, but I love the stories and such that come out of all things Tokusatsu.

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Will get onboard more when Tamashii gets off their ass and finally makes SOC Megazords(forgot what they're called in Japan).