Rate YOUR 1986 Classics/3P Line Up

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jun 28, 2012.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

Look at the specific toys YOU are using in your 1986 "Classics" line up. Rate each figure on a scale of 1-10 discussing your percieved pros and cons about the quality, design or other attributes you think are important. Have fun and be creative. (I put this in the 3P section because we want to be able to include 3P bots in our "classics" display.)

I did the first character, Blurr, as an example. I'll finish my own set and post later. I made a complete list of the 1986 characters so you can cut and paste it easier.

*** Example ***
    Blurr - Generations - 10/10 - Despite this not following the G1 alt mode of Blurr I still love this bot. I understand some fans are more attached to those 1986 alt forms, but I am not. I like the 2 toned paint better on this bot than his United counterpart. For the record I am also a big fan of the Drift repaint. though id probably like to upgrade that one to the United for its bright whte paint. As with many of these hasbro classics bots I also love how they match their early IDW molds. I also love the weapons he comes with and his holsters.

*** 1986 AUTOBOTS ***
    Metroplex
    Skylynx
    Arcee
    Blurr
    Hot Rod
    Kup
    Springer
    Ultra Magnus
    Wreck-Gar
    Wheelie
    Roadbuster
    Broadside
    Sandstorm
    Outback
    Pipes
    Swerve
    Tailgate
    Blades
    First Aid
    Groove
    Hot Spot
    Streetwise
    Air Raid
    Firefight
    Silverbolt
    Skydive
    Slingshot

*** 1986 Decepticons ***
    Runabout
    Runamuck
    Cyclonus
    Scourge
    Galvatron
    Onslaught
    Swindle
    Vortex
    Brawl
    Blast Off
    Motormaster
    Breakdown
    Dead End
    Drag Strip
    Wildrider
    Divebomb
    Headstrong
    Rampage
    Razorclaw
    Tantrum

2. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

*** 1986 AUTOBOTS *** (in progress)
    Metroplex - NONE

Skylynx - NONE

Arcee - Perfect Effect - PENDING

Blurr - Generations - 10/10 - Despite this not following the G1 alt mode of Blurr I still love this bot. I understand some fans are more attached to those 1986 alt forms, but I am not. I like the 2 toned paint better on this bot than his United counterpart. For the record I am also a big fan of the Drift repaint. though id probably like to upgrade that one to the United for its bright whte paint. As with many of these hasbro classics bots I also love how they match their early IDW molds. I also love the weapons he comes with and his holsters.

Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime - Henkei + Preotector Armor Upgrade - 9/10 - This is part of a group of 3rd party bots representing the new characters that first appeared in the original Transformers movie. I think their look goes really well together and incorporates well with their other contemporary bots done by Hasbro. I know others disagree. I love the chrome on the Henkei version. I love the targetmaster and roller drone. I wish he could match Faith Leader and City Commander in height so he gets a 9/10

Kup - Generations - 9/10 - I am very happy with this rendition. the different alt mode doesnt bug me at all. it looks very much like kup to me.

Springer - Warbot Defender - 9/10 - I added the heels to make him stand up and I have no further complaints. Sturdy triple changer mixes well with all of these other contemporary bots. I took a point off because he is not a full voyager like i think he should be.

Ultra Magnus - City Commander - 10/10 - What can I say. I fll in love with this bot through the pics on the internet and thought id never own one because they had long been sold out. By some miraculous chance BBTS "found" some stock they had and I was able to pick it up for an awesome price. Fits perfect in my collection. Luckily I already had the white Hasbro bot.

Wreck-Gar - RTS - 8/10 - I got two of these so he can ride a bike in bot mode. I took a couple points off because there are small stress marks showing on his arm (common problem) and one of mine got a stress mark/crack on his hand when I was equiping him with his axe.

Wheelie - NONE

Roadbuster - NONE

Broadside - FansProject - Pending

Sandstorm - NONE

Outback - NONE

Pipes - NONE

Swerve - NONE

Tailgate - NONE

Blades - NONE

First Aid - NONE

Groove - NONE

Hot Spot - NONE

Streetwise - NONE

Air Raid - TFC - Pending!

Firefight - TFC - Pending!

Silverbolt - TFC - Pending!

Skydive - TFC - Pending!

Slingshot - TFC - Pending!

*** 1986 Decepticons ***

Runabout - NONE

Runamuck - NONE

Cyclonus - RTS - 8/10 - shoulda been a voyager. very nice mold design and this is my favorite paint option, but like most Hasbro decepticons, he's just too small, especially compared to autobots.

Scourge - Generations X3 - 7/10 - shoulda been a voyager. I do not mind the chaged alt mode from a bar of soap looking ship to a cool bomber at all, but like most Hasbro decepticons, he's just too small, especially compared to autobots.

Galvatron - RTS - 7/10 - shoulda been a voyager, like most Hasbro decepticons, he's just too small, especially compared to autobots.

Onslaught - NONE

Swindle - NONE

Vortex - NONE

Brawl - NONE

Blast Off - NONE

Motormaster - NONE

Breakdown - NONE

Dead End - NONE

Drag Strip - NONE

Wildrider - NONE

Divebomb - NONE

Headstrong - NONE

Rampage - NONE

Razorclaw - NONE

Tantrum - NONE

3. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i would LOVE TFC to do PREDAKING after they finish up Superion. How freaking awesome would that be?

4. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty stinkin' awesome, but I would have to imagine the Dino combiners being next. Then again, I though the Dino combiners would be out after Herc, and not Uranus, so what the hell do I know?

5. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Arcee has two really good ones, so I'll rate both:

PE Motobot - 8/10. The only reason this is not a 10 out of 10 is because it is a very loose interpretation on Arcee. It may be my favorite third party transformer (if I actually sat down and ranked them all). It scales wonderfully with the rest of the third party cast of the Movie. It is one of the most posable figures ever. Duel wields pistols and/or swords. Can lay prone in epic sniper poses (with a really nice sniper rifle). I don't downgrade for partsforming at all because it is done sow well (a la PE's other masterpiece - Reflector). If it transformed into a Cybertronian car I'd give it an 11/10.

Delicate Warrior - 6.5/10. Obviously a much truer interpretation of Arcee and pretty much nails the movie esthetic. Not nearly as awesome a toy in my opinion. Cost me too much to get her (my own problem for being late to the game). Fits in really well with classics though.

Either one is fine. PE is a much better toy, but for a pure display figure DW is probably best if you are looking for the most movie/show accurate figure.

6. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *** 1986 AUTOBOTS ***
    Metroplex -NONE
    Skylynx -NONE (though I may use the G1 figure as is)
    Arcee - PE RC - 9/10- Would be higher if not for the extremely tight tolerances.
    Blurr - Generations - 7/10 - The bulky legs and hip kibble contradict with Blurr being a speedster. Needs to be streamlined.
    Hot Rod - Classics -8/10 - Decent enough toy, but I would like to have seen it revisited during RTS/Generations. Bicep swivels and a better headsculpt would make it perfect.
    Kup - Generations w/ Igear head - 9.5/10 - would be perfect if not for the doors on the bot mode forearms
    Springer - FP WB-001 - 8.5/10 - great toy but has a few design flaws
    Ultra Magnus - NONE
    Wreck-Gar -RTS- 10/10 - No complaints
    Wheelie - NONE (sold off legends which was a good fit for my collection)
    Roadbuster - NONE (sold off CM's Mugen Calibur which was a good toy, but not bulky enough to be Roadbuster)
    Broadside -NONE - (Assaulter once its released)
    Sandstorm -NONE
    Outback - NONE
    Pipes - NONE
    Swerve - NONE
    Tailgate - NONE
    Blades - NONE
    First Aid- NONE
    Groove - NONE
    Hot Spot - NONE
    Streetwise - NONE
    Air Raid - NONE
    Firefight - NONE
    Silverbolt - Universe - 9/10 - I'm one of the minority that loves this toy. Great bot and alt modes.
    Skydive - NONE
    Slingshot - NONE

*** 1986 Decepticons ***
    Runabout - TFCC - 9/10 - Good toy
    Runamuck - TFCC - 9/10 - Good toy
    Cyclonus - RTS- 9/10 - Only complaint is Alt mode
    Scourge - Generations- 9/10 - Good toy
    Galvatron - Energon - 9/10 - Good toy, but wish I had one the same size that TF'd into a tank or cannon
    Onslaught - Universe- 10/10 - Good toy, only needs a rifle
    Swindle - FP Munitioner - 10/10 - Great homage
    Vortex - NONE
    Brawl - NONE
    Blast Off - FP Explorer- 10/10 - Great homage
    Motormaster - NONE
    Breakdown - NONE
    Dead End - NONE
    Drag Strip - NONE
    Wildrider - NONE
    Divebomb - NONE
    Headstrong - NONE
    Rampage - NONE
    Razorclaw - NONE
    Tantrum - NONE

7. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    *** 1986 AUTOBOTS ***

G1 Skylynx 8/10
    Prime Arcee 8/10 works as a stand in
    Generations Blurr 8/10
    Classics Hot Rod 8/10
    Generations Kup 9/10
    Timelines + Universe 2.0 Springer 8/10
    Ultra Magnus + FP City Commander kit 9/10
    RTS Wreck-Gar X10 (Junkions) + Maiden Japan kits 9/10
    Universe 2.0 Legends Wheelie 7/10
    Cybertron (Armorhide) Pipes 6/10 works for me
    Universe 2.0 Blades 7/10
    Asian GDO Hot Spot ??/10
    Timelines G2 Streetwise 7/10
    Universe 2.0 Silverbolt 8.5/10

*** 1986 Decepticons ***

Timelines Runabout 8.5/10 nearly perfect
    Timelines Runamuck 8.5/10 nearly perfect
    Universe 2.0 Cyclonus X2 (his Armada) 9/10 nearly perfect
    Universe 2.0 Scourge X4 (3 Sweeps) 8/10 should have had a targetmaster partner
    Universe 2.0 Galvatron 7.5/10 should have been voyager class
    Universe 2.0 Onslaught 8.5/10
    Animated Swindle 8/10 ok for a stand in
    DotM Vortex 8.5/10 I like this mould
    Timelines G2 Breakdown 7/10
    Universe 2.0 SE Drag Strip 8/10
    CHMS Wildrider 7/10 doesn't really fit the character