Rate the Transformers in DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Jun 30, 2011.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On a scale of 1-10 what you all think of New ROBOTS and old Returning Bots and cons..

Optimus Prime (Peterbilt 379 semi-truck) - 9 really shows him a true brutal leader
    Bumblebee (Chevrolet Camaro 2010) -9 still no voice but shown some good skill

Ratchet (Hummer H2 Search and Rescue Sport Utility Truck) - 7

Ironhide (GMC Topkick) - 5 gets killed off too early

Wheelie (RC Monster Truck) - 9 really funny

Brains (Laptop) - 9 good company with wheelie..

Sideswipe (Corvette Centennial) - 8

Que - (Mercedes-Benz E550) - 5 yet again killed off too early..

Dino - (Ferrari 458 Italia) - 7 coudnt really understand his talking

Leadfoot (Juan Pablo Montoya #42 Target car) - 8

Topspin (Jimmie Johnson #48 Lowe's/Kobalt car) - 4 didnt think he spoke tbh

Roadbuster (Dale Earnhardt, Jr. #88 AMP Energy/National Guard car) - 8 really funny.

Sentinel Prime (Rosenbauer Panther fire truck)- 8 had quite a few lines and screen time.

Decepticons:
    Megatron (Armored Mack Fuel Truck. creepy but hardly in it 6

Starscream (F-22 Raptor) - 8 funny and had more spoken parts.

Soundwave (Cybertronian satellite) - 8 looked cool and one of my fav..

Shockwave-------- 2 hardly in it at all didnt even kill anybody and didnt really do nothing of note..

Laserbeak (Mechanical Condor) - 10 my fav in the whole film good voice and scary..

Barricade (Ford Mustang- .). 6 didnt really have much screen time but is back.

The Driller (Mechanical Worm). 7 good cgi and looks evil.

Crankcase (Chevrolet Suburban) - Dread. 4

Crowbar (Chevrolet Suburban) - Dread. 4

Hatchet (Chevrolet Suburban) - Dread.4

they didnt have enought time on the screen also didnt really talk..waste of cgi.

2. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YAY!!! Another movie thread!

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    ^ :lol 

4. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    Laserbeak - 10
    Ratchet - 9 (need more screentime bro)
    Wreckers - 7.5
    Jerry Wang - 10

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Well yeah.....we ARE in the movie forum.

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Ironhide-10
    sideswipe-10
    barricade-11/10
    These are my highest :D 

7. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree if you dont like it dont respond to it..

8. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

This is the movie forum, what do you expect? How about instead of smarting off you play along?

Optimus Prime: 10 - I got alot of emotion out of him and he finished the war himself. Prime's at his best in this movie.
    Bumblebee: 8 - He was great, but I think he could have been a bit better.
    Ironhide: 9 - This guy was amazing. He showed the dreads who was boss, he was hilarious in the "Silent Treatment" scene, and I felf for him when he went out.
    Ratchet: 7 - We finally got to see him be a doctor on the moon, he had plenty of lines through out, and that scene with Bumblebee was nice, but he doesn't do anything outstanding.
    Sideswipe: 9 - What a badass. The Mexican stand off, his new voice, and he had a shitload of lines this time.
    Dino: 6 - He looked cool, he had awesome fight scenes, but only two lines? Come on. Atleast his line at the base was funny.
    Que: 5 - He's in three scenes, and all he does is pass out weaponry. His death scene is emotional, and that's really the only reason he wasn't a complete waste.
    Wheelie: 7 - He's pretty funny, and he isn't annoying like he was last time, but Brains was the show stealer.
    Brains: 10 - Probably the funniest character in the series.
    Wreckers: 7 - As hilarious and cool as they were, I can only give them a 7 because Topspin never spoke.

Sentinel Prime: 9 - His scenes with Optimus were emotional, his scene with Megatron was startling, and while I hate what he did to Ironhide, he was a nice addition.
    Megatron: 6 - He didn't do much, but he looked cool and was badass in his last few scenes.
    Starscream: 7 - I would have liked to see him kill Dino, but alas. He was cool in the scenes he was in, and his death was fitting for him. And at Africa, you could almost taste the sarcasm in his line to Megatron. "Oh poor Master..."
    Soundwave: 10 - I am convinced to get his toy now. What a badass.
    Barricade: 8 - I'm happy he's back and just as mean as I remember, but why didn't he speak?
    Laserbeask: 8 - I'm not a fan of the design, but holy shit was he scary.
    Shockwave: 2 - Seriously. He should not have been in the movie. He was POINTLESS. I like his driller better. The two points comes from his cool design.
    Driller: 4 - He didn't wow me. I like robots, not worms. And he went out too quickly.
    Dreads: 7 - They were quickly disposed of, but the Mexican standoff showed that they were mean, deceptive, and sadistic.

9. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    Megs - great design but barely in it - 6
    Starscream- his death was made into a joke but he destroyed the decoy - 5
    Soundwave - barely seen in robot mode, lame death - 6
    Shockwave - loved him until the parachute crap and optimus killing him easily - 7
    Laserbeak - awesome, creepy voice, sadistic character, bit of a quick death - 8
    Dreads - decent scene on the motorway but again died to easily - 6

Wasn't impressed with the decepticons in the movie they seemed way under powered to be a threat.

Sentinal - great story and was stronger than all the decepticons seemingly - 8
    Optimus - way too powerful, never seemed like he could be hurt even with his arm cut off - 6
    Ironhide - died like a soldier, great scenes at the beginning - 8
    Dino and Q - pretty pointless additions - 5
    Wreckers - helped a fair bit, actually made shockwave seem like a threat, until optimus basically walked through him - 8
    Bumblebee - typical bumblebee, but liked him more in this than the other 2 - 7
    Ratchet - barely in it - 6
    Sideswipe - ^ - 5

autobots were pretty good, shame optimus makes it all too easy for them.

Humans - annoying! and some bad acting, and seem to be able to kill transformers pretty easily in this one - 3

Overall i would give the film a 6/10 a few minor changes, character development or introduction and longer, slightly more even battles and it coulda been a great film, but it failed to live up to the trailers imo.

10. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bumblebee - 8 - Same ol' Bee.
    Ratchet - 6 - Could've done more, but at least he DID stuff.
    Ironhide - 7 - A great character who had an awesome fight scene and a tragic death.
    OP - 9 - Badassery abound.
    Sideswipe - 7 - A LOT more characterization than the last movie, still didn't do much though.
    Dinage - 6 - A cool character, just wish I knew more about him.
    Quejack - 6 - Had a lot of potential for hilarity, kinda wasted. His death was tragic.
    Wreckers - 9 - Oh man, I'd pay M. Bay to make a Last Stand Of The Wreckers movie JUST to see more of these guys.

Sentinel - 10 - The PERFECT villain, Nimoy's voice was great to hear in this role.
    Megatron - 8 - Need more action, honestly. And he should've had a better fight with OP.
    Shockwave - 5 - Wasted potential, him totally ignoring the storm of lead from the Wreckers was cool, but his death was ridiculous.
    Soundwave - 10 - What a sadistic freak. Loved every bit of his screentime, a shame he didn't get a real fight.
    Driller/"Razorbeast" - 6 - Cool, I guess.
    Barricade - 7 - His return was pretty cool, and him getting to kill Quejack was pretty damn sweet.
    Genericons - 10+ - The Decepticons, as a whole, are legitimately terrifying.
    Dreads - 8 - Pretty cool. The highway chase is one of my favorite scenes, and Crowbar being kicked into a building by Ironhide and exploding made me :lol 
    Lazerbeak - 10+ - I'll never look at the color pink the same way again... *Shiver* He was a pretty badass guy.
    Starscream - 8 - The sniveling bastard finally bit the dust, in a quite humiliating way. :lol 

11. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

um,barricade DID speak

12. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

If you haven't seen the movie yet, best not to look at what I wrote after each rating.

Optimus Prime = 8.5, kicked some ass with a variety of weapons and had some cool lines.
    Bumblebee = 10, was on fire! nailed everybody in his sight, showed emotions, awesome transforming scenes.
    Ironhide = 8, Had some good screen time, took on the dreads, then had a shocking demise!
    Ratchet = 6.5, background character really, had some lines, Prime's right-hand man it seemed.
    Sideswipe = 7.5, took on dreads, had a few lines, some highway action and attacked sentinel but flew off him lol.
    Dino = 7, awesome car, liked his voice, not enough lines or screen-time though.
    Q = 5, very underused especially with his massive sword or rifle on his back, weird looking like Einstein, liked his lines though and demise was saddening.
    Wheelie and Brains = 9, had so many laughs at these two and a fitting contribution to the battle.
    Wreckers = 7.5, awesome vehicle modes, cool scenes when used with all guns blazing, voices were cool, wished for more of them in action.

Sentinel Prime = 9, amazing voice, love the transformations and vehicle mode, good twist, great battle scenes.

Shockwave and Driller = 4, very under used and didn't come across as the badass I was expecting, cup landing on his head was amusing, driller was pretty cool though.

Megatron = 6.5, not a meat-head at all like usual, not much action, cool voice work though, demise was pretty quick, wanted him to shoot the elephant xD
    Soundwave = 7, cool voice and transformation, sound blasts from weapon were awesome.
    Laserbeak = 7, lots of transforming into different stuff which is cool, creepy voice when he says "Is mommy home?" made me laugh.
    Dreads = 9, loved the vehicle mode, highway scene was amazing, cool voices and just general awesomeness.
    Starscream = 7.5, much more G1-like which was a nice touch, felt sad for him after what happens to him.
    Barricade = 8, my fave bot ever, an awesome cameo appearance.

13. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel essentially beats Optimus twice in one movie as far as their one on one fights. How can anyone say Optimus was unbeatable or overly powerful?

Laserbeak was a standout Decepticon in this movie. He seemed to accomplish a lot and had many lines and lots of screen time.