Rate DotM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Jun 29, 2012.

?

Rate DotM

1. Great

35 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Good

31 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Decent

19 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Bad

8 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. Horrible

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Ok guys here we go its been one year since DotM was released and so since i joined this website i haven't seen a thread to rate the movie, here it is. Besides when i first joined the site i made a thread about your over all opinion of the first TF Movie
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...93-do-u-least-aprrove-respect-07-movie-7.html

And also i know there is one that asked if you liked RotF somewhere so here it is Rate DotM. I give it a GREAT! This is my second all time favorite movie after TF1. Its just pure awesomeness from start to finish

PS Lets keep it civil here. I know i probably will unleash a thread War so sorry in advance if i do.

2. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Boring and crap

3. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur HI! MY NAME IS [Volleybot]

News Credits:
    Dotm was good in my opinion. the action scenes were well done but the combat wasnt that amazing (except for the sentinel battle).

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. Easier to root out all the haters.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good enough. I can see why people would say it's bad, but I enjoy it each time I watch it.

6. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie was epic from start to finish. For me it never felt like it slowed down and I was amazed with the whole thing.

7. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

Horrible, caused me to lose interest in the series.

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I voted decent. Positives are the film had decent pacing, the two best villains of the trilogy, an interesting story, Simmons, Mearing and great action sequences as long as you have absolutely no respect for the Decepticons.

Negatives are the portrayal of the Decepticons, Megatron, Soundwave and Shockwave deserve their own mention, the portrayal of Optimus Prime (and let the flame wars begin), the disappearance of characters, a ridicules resolution, too many annoying humans (it would be OK if they weren't annoying), a little too much humor and not enough character development for the Transformers.

9. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Best of the three... To prove my answer, I just finished watching Dotm on Dotm's first anniversary.

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I voted 'good'.

Was it perfect? Heck no. Was it great? Not really. Was it good? I thought so. It had flaws, but as Bountyan said, I still enjoy it every time I watch it and that's what matters to me. :) 

11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    "Good" for an action flick

Visually it's incredible, there's really little comparison to the shear energy to the action scenes. Story-wise it's OK; some nice twists but overall not super amazing.
    Character-wise... eh. Really don't care about the humans, and too few of the bots got any of their own moments. Laserbeak, Optimus, Sentinel are great, Brains and Wheelie are fun, but most the rest are just there. Starscream's confusing since he goes from sarcastic jerk to suck-up to badass to wuss, Ratchet still manages to do nothing memorable since the first film, and Shockwave disappears for a full hour and a half after his big pointless reveal. Plus, I'm still confused over the "together we shall rebuild Cybertron" "NO, together we shall rebuild Cybertron" exchange between Sentinel and Megatron that evidently somehow made Sentinel Decepticon leader.

12. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

I thought it was decent wish we could see more actions of the new characters.

13. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Only new character I liked was Dino aka Mirage. Mainly because we actually got to see him in combat a few times unlike Que and Shockwave.

14. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Regarding Starscream: But that shift of character and tone and personality is what a lot of fans love and, in my opinion, make Starscream who he is. Starscream is a sarcastic jerk. And he's a suck-up. And he's a terrific air warrior. He's a wuss. He's pompous. He's BA. He's traitorous. Animated summed it up best with clones, basically dissecting Starscream into his base personality traits. Now, Bayformers Starscream doesn't exhibit all of these obviously, and I'm not saying he's the most awesome version of the character or anything, but going from jerk to suck-up to bad@$$ to wuss is usually (not always though) his MO. And that's what Bayformers Starscream does.

Regarding Sentinel and Megatron's scene, just some reference:

"This is the victory I promised you so many years ago! Where we rebuild Cybertron...together."
    "I have deigned to work with you-*smash*-that our planet may survive! I will never work for you! And you would be wise to remember the difference."

I do agree that when you actually examine it it might get confusing. Uh, Sentinel? He didn't say anything about being the boss over you. But Sentinel's just basically putting Megatron in his place. "We're working together to do this horrible deed, but don't you (Megatron) be getting any plans to start ordering me (Sentinel) around!" A preemptive measure, if you will.

Not quite sure what movie you were watching, but Shockwave was involved in battle quite a bit. Moreso than Dino.

15. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Shockwave had no close combat though. His murder by Prime does not count because that wasn't much of a fight to begin with.

16. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    You didn't specify close combat. Nor does it matter. Dino had one "close combat" scene with the Dreads. Lasted all of 13 seconds. And then after that we see him take out a few protoforms in the background of shots in Chicago.

Shockwave shows up and gets pounded on by the Wreckers. Then he strolls through Chicago. He fires on Optimus from afar and then continues on his merry way. He then proceeds to fight for an entire sequence against dozens of soldiers and the Wreckers again and then has an admittedly quick scuffle with Optimus ripping him apart.

Way I see it, Shockwave still "out-gunned" Dino in the battle-category substantially.

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    What's weird is I like the other Starscreams for exactly that reason. I love moments like G1 Starscream shooting Megatron then begging for mercy or Prime Starscream trying to dismiss a possible signal from Megatron as an error then immediately backpedaling. But for some reason DotM Screamer switching personality just seems off, I guess perhaps since we don't actually 'see' the switch. Each scene he's different and there's not much reason given in the film itself.

18. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that it was good. Not the best of all three (I have the very unpopular opinion that ROTF was the best, please don't throw stones LOL), but it did have a lot of great moments. The beginning though just drags on IMO but the last hour definitely makes up for it.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Decent.

It seemed like a better attempt at a story than Revenge of the Fallen. Comedy was more confined to actors known for that sort of thing. The turn of Sentinel might have caught people off guard if we didn't live in the age of spoilers. Laserbeak got to show a really evil side to the Decepticons instead of just taking the word of the good guys that Decepticons are super evil.

Still felt like the humans were too powerful against the Decepticons. The power level of Prime and Bumblebee has gotten worse than the Rambo movies. Some editing problems where it felt like something had been left out. Megatron felt too weak even though he had the super cool shotgun. Big worm vs city not as cool as combiner vs city. Plus mixed feelings of glad Starscream is dead because I hate the design, but as lame as movie lame gets to have Sam kill him with his Bionic Commando rip off instead of a new Autobot getting the chance to shine.

That wow factor and movie magic feeling from the first movie kind of felt gone as well even though they tried so hard to bring back that feeling of wonder with the moon scenes.

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Good.