Ratchet's Role *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, May 17, 2011.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

So, what all do we think about Ratchet's role in DotM?

It was revealed that he works with Optimus Prime in the beginning while Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack and Mirage are on a seperate mission. I also believe that he flies to the moon to help Prime revive Sentinel Prime (Whether he actually does anything up there is unknown.) He participates in the final battle aswell, but I'm not sure exactly what he does. My guess? Point and shoot, hopefully use his saw a time or two and fix somebody.

I really like Ratchet, and I hope his role is increased in this movie. He seems to have a new weapon, some sort of flame thrower that he uses in the trailer when Prime swoops in. Ratchet also has a brand new paint job, and is included in Wave 1 of the deluxe figures, which hopefully says something about his significance in the film.

It sounds to me, as far as roles go, Ratchet will have a decent amount of screentime. The doc-bot doesn't get enough love in these movies, so my main desire for him is to have at least 6 lines and fix somebody onscreen.

2. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I was just skimming through the DOTM comic adaptation and Ratchet is barely in it. Kinda of depressing. Hopefully the actually movie has more of him.

3. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Yea, I for one would like to Ratchet actually doing his job for once, you know? He's the medical officer who fights more than he repairs. I'd appreciate just a brief scene of him repairing another Autobot.

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

This is most likely the case. The comics are just an outline of what happens; details get changed around in the movie i.e. battle scenes, lines, group shots, just the little things, but still things that matter. :) 

5. eric2793540

eric2793540 Banned

Hopefully Ratchet gets more screen time in this one.

6. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

You know what might be interesting?
    Ratchet doing field triage during the Chicago Battle, then as the Autobodies pile up he basically loses his nut and goes on a rampage massacring Decepticons - Prime wants your face, Ratchet wants your spark...

7. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I just hope for the Autobots that it isn't another Optimus and Bumblebee show. Kinda looks like it though.

8. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    And Megatron wants elephants!

9. skidz180

skidz180 Observer

His new weapon will only be visible in the game and mayb in the background for 1 second. Hopefully he will have a bigger role as the medic (and not only being referenced as one). We only know he is the medic because they tell us.....we didn't see any proof in these movies he actually is one. I mean, we get that Ironhide is a badass....he came through. Ratchet however.... The exact opposite of this ratchet is TF Prime's ratchet. Het stays indoors and only acts as the medic, never transforms and barely sees any action.

10. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    MOAR RATCHET!!!

i think this film just needs that team feeling. Every autobot playing their rol. Ratchet fixing, healing, rescuing injured mid battle maybe. Im so sick of bumblebee killing everyone and optimus with megahypersuper jetpack killing big bads in 2 minutes. Dont want this movie

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Ratchet doing medic bot stuff? Pfft...how absurd.

12. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

Well he accompanies Optimus somewhere (either the moon or Russia) to retrieve something, and then they're
    ambushed by Shockwave and the Driller. We might see some Ratchet-Optimus double teaming...

He probably gets killed off sometime around
    Starscream's death, because the scene after that should be the Autobots being captured and held in Soundwave's prison, and Ratchet is apparently absent.