Ratchet's Job: Fixing Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ThaConqueror, Aug 29, 2006.

1. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone could lend a hand in repairing some of my Transformers. Remember I am a relative n00b, so it's not my fault that I don't know already :p  . Anyway...

BOTS I NEED TO FIX:

• Energon Divebomb (Right elbow)
    • Cybertron Cannonnball (Both shoulders)
    • Universe Nemesis Prime [Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy] (Neck joint, and when I pulled back the right wrist it snapped. Would I have to unscrew the screw at the elbow to get the rest of the wrist out of the arm to glue it back together?)
    • Alternators Hound (Neck joint)

Thank you for your time.

2. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

This will likely get moved to the Kitbash section, but I'll get you started.
    If it's a ball joint problem, I would usually do the following:
    1: Drill a hole into the ball, where it broke, and a hole into the part it broke off of, where you want the ball to go. DO NOT DRILL COMPLETELY THROUGH EITHER PIECE!!!
    2: Take a small screw and screw it into the ball.
    3: Clip the head of the screw off.
    4: Screw the ball into the piece it broke off of.
    This solution works for broken pegs as well, as long as the peg is big enough to hold a small screw.
    Good luck!!!

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Can you post a picture of any of the joints or places that are broken?

4. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

I agree wholeheartedly on the screw method, although you will need to invest in some tools, like a pin vice, a strong clippers, a file set, a precision screw driver set and the time and patience needed to get good at it.

When I use that method i also like to fill the whole with wet super glue just before putting the screw in for the final time, just for that extra bit of security, especially on joints that take a lot of abuse. (G1 blast-off's elbows come to mind).

That could be an expensive lot, if you don't plan on making a hobby of of repairing TF's. For a lot of the stuff you have, since they are recent it might be easier to get a replacement ( divebomb, cannonball), or a replacement part from a kitbasher or junker lot on ebay (the bigger guys).

Repairing TF's can be a frustrating, but very rewarding process.

5. ThaConqueror

Thank you very much, except...the ball joints aren't broken. They're loose. They flop around.

And I can't post pictures because I don't have a camera/phone, and I doubt I'll get the cash soon enough 'cuase I'm only 15.

6. gnodprime1

gnodprime1 Made of sterner stuff

Ebay:
    You can use the nail polish trick for the ball joints. Just apply some thin layers, let them dry, test fit, repeat as necessary. Just build them up a little bit at a time til you get it where you want it. Cheap.

7. MECHADOOM

OK, can you describe the other problems? or are they all loose joints? The clear nailpolish trick works really well, just let the polish dry before you test it, otherwise you could end up with messy balls.

8. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

And nobody wants that.

9. MECHADOOM

Yeah, seriously, this one time my girlfriend didn't let the polish dry, and it got everywh...wait, what were we talking about again?

10. ThaConqueror

You're all mad!

BTW, Nemesis Prime is on the way to getting fixed. His right arm has been unscrewed, and the wrst will be soldered together as soon as my Dad gets his act together.