Ratchets epic fail in Part 3.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by exoduselita, Mar 4, 2012.

1. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

Transformers Prime: Season 2 Episode 3 - "Orion Pax, Part 3" [720p HD] - YouTube

^^^^^ CHECK THIS OUT^^^^^^
    Is it just me or did Ratchet epically fail at 19:47? That was pretty sad. Megatron tossed him out of the way like a rag doll. For ratchet that is a bigggggggggggggg imbarrassment. tsk tsk tsk.
    I'm soo disapointed in him but that was pretty danm funny. I almost peed in my pants.

oh and Optimsu says "Be gone Megatron" and then bitch slaps him at 19:02--19:13. Funny shit :) 

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I actually thought for a moment that Ratchet would heroically dive in the way of Megatron's blade in a noble sacrifice, or that he would at least stab Megs in the leg.

But nope; bitch-slapped.

Made me laugh, though XD

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The most funny part was Arcee tackling Megatron and going flying a huge distance away. That was just...what? I could understand Megs just flinging Ratchet away like a fly, but the smallest robot in the show being able to tackle one of the largest robots that far? What?

4. walnuts

walnuts Well-Known Member

Ratchet needs to hit the 'roids again. I liked him better as the 'Doctor of Doom'.

5. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I thought that would be Ratchet's final scene, too.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sometimes you just can't do anything. Not even the heroes. I still remember when Raf said BUMBLEBEE REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE in the Out of his Head episode and it just.... didn't do shit. Ratchet failing is totally justified.

7. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Simple. She used her God Tier powers given to her by the writers.

8. exoduselita

Mmmmh yeah i remeber that... oooh and they also put the "heroic music" in the backround when she did that. The rest of the bots didnt get that...except for ratchet when he got tossed across the room. I defiantly heard the heroic music of him screaming and crashing to the ground. :lol 

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I kind of thought Ratchet was going to bite the bullet as well.

10. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Actually I just did some calculations... It's actually pretty reasonable. Granted, I gave Arcee some pretty optimistic numbers. She was driving before she hit Megatron, so I assumed she was going around 120 km/h (75 miles per hour) ((considering she wanted to do some good damage, I'm sure she would try to go pretty fast). I assumed that Megatron was approximately 5 times her mass (so that essentually each arm and leg would be an entire arcee, plus another arcee for his body), I assumed a perfectly inelastic collision (which is mostly accurate since she moved WITH him after she made contact and didn't stop moving). The final assumption was that she hit him at an upward angle of 30 degrees, which watching the clip seems reasonable. It may have been 45 degrees, but that would increase the distance anyway.

With these assumptions Megatron would have travelled a staggering 458.3 meters (1500 feet)! So I obviously was a bit nice in my numbers, but regardless, I think the result in the show actually makes sense.

EDIT: Redid the calculation for Arcee travelling at 80 km/h (50 miles per hour), Megatron 7 times her mass and hitting at an upward 45 degree angle. Megatron would then have traveled 132.2 meters (433 feet).

11. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

My brain hurts.

12. exoduselita

Duh...... *drool* you just lost me.

Mmmmh I recommend the Algebra-book-2000-swagger. Its only $19.99 (tax included) :) 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Considering she was barely visible on his back and he held her with one hand, I'm gonna say no on this little bit.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Ratchet did what he could to stop Megatron but he's not on Megatron's level nor is Arcee despite how she battled Megatron. The only known beings that can actually go head on with Optimus and Megatron is Grimlock and Shockwave.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem isn't that Arcee made Megatron fall, that is pretty obvious fair, a freaking soccer ball to the chest can make a man fall on his back, the problem is that the animators took it too far and it ended up looking weird, Like if the script had written "Larry jumps to avoid a charging dog" and the animators drew Larry jumping to the moon.

16. exoduselita

You were actually paying attention to what he said??? I give you a standing ovation!!!!! :jawdropper: 

17. exoduselita

18. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I tried to figure out the mass ratio so that Megatron would go about 20 meters (65 feet), which is how far he seemed to go. Based on Arcee moving at 120 km/h, Megatron is about 8 times her mass. I think that's somewhat fair.

19. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I weep when simple math causes people to act like a person's head is spinning while vomiting....

20. exoduselita

Oh I hate math and now i hate it more....