Ratchet in the sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nevermore, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Just curious.

We've seen photos of the vehicles used for Prime, Bumblebee and Ironhide from the sets. But no Ratchet Hummer.

Is he even in the sequel?

2. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

3. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    thurr you have it!

4. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still hasn't been any sightings of him on set. Only on that moving truck.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Exactly. That was in April, two months before shooting began. They were hauling the vehicle around. From where to where? For what purpose? Was it even related to the sequel at all?

6. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure Ratchet will be in the film, but he will likely end up being one of the background characters, so therefore we probably won't see as much as him around shooting locations. Perhaps he'll be a somewhat Armada Red Alert character, stuck guarding the base while everyone else goes off and has fun adventures.

7. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    I wonder if he'll be "on location" during the course of a sequel. What I mean is, he'll be stationed in one spot. Whereas it appears Prime, Bumblebee, and Ironhide have been at several locations during the movie and would be featured throughout the movie, it's possible Ratchet could be in a desert or something and thus would be part of the New Mexico filming and only that. He'd only be featured then in part of one act.

Another alternative is that he dies and possibly dies early in the movie. Therefore, he'd only be featured in a few scenes at most. If that's the case, it's possible they just haven't filmed the scenes yet.

I have a hard time believing he would not be used at all, considering the high costs of rendering the robots from the first movie.

8. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

LOL I agree, we have only seen him getting transported that means nothing. It would be hilarious if they lugged him around all the time and he never gets in the movie.

9. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I think only one sighting of the HUMMER is too little to go on to assume that Ratchet (the robot) will not be in TF2!

10. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Remember the first movie? It took a few months of filming before we even got to see Jazz on set - it could just mean they haven't filmed scenes involving Ratchet yet. We know they've already done one or two chase scenes we know next to nothing about, maybe Ratchet was in on one of those.

I hope so, he's my favourite movie Autobot!

11. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Probably he ll be in other scenes that havent been shot yet... probably with other autobots other then BB,Prime and Ironhide... and remember... we havent heard of seen Arcee officially yet, Soundwave, Jazz, and alot of other Transformers vehicule... so it s kind of early to speculate... and they have alot of scenes and location to shot until it s done...

12. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    Because they hate Ratchet. Prime, BB, and Ironhide get to go to China. Prime, BB, and Ironhide get to chase around cool cars.

Seriously, did anyone notice in TF1? Ironhide gets all of these badass shots (climbing out of the pool, doing his ground shockwave, lifting the Furby truck to stop Screamer's missiles, slow-mo transformation before blasting his cannons toward the ground and flipping over a girl, slow-mo helix twist firing cannons). We didn't even get to see Ratchet's protoform (we saw everyone else's) and Ratchet got no decent shots aside from sawing off Brawl's arm. We didn't even get to see him transform in the final battle. He didn't even get to do his main job; fix someone!

Now it looks like he's going to be crapped on all over again, because they're back to focusing on the rest of the team and all of their new shiny characters. Sigh.

13. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Well we didn't see BB's pared down protoform either.

Admittedly yes Ratchet didn't get much time in the first movie. Its way to early yet to jump to conclusions on things they've only been filming a few weeks we've still got a few months worth of filming to go.

One thing i really REALLY wanna see Ratchet do at least once is one of his infamous rants involving large metal objects being hurled with deadly accuracy at other bots heads hehe. He ain't Ratchet without the temper coming out at least once.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Maybe Ratchet spends most of his time in robot mode? I dunno, he's cool, like Dr. Fraiser made of metal and with a steel mustache.

15. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope he isn't killed or just shoved to the background. He was the one Autobot I wasn't really interested in before I saw the movie, then once I saw it I thought he was awesome. Awesome voice by Robert Foxworth, his robot design looked great on screen, his weapons were cool and I loved seeing him get stuck into the fighting.

He also had some great subtle interplay with Ironhide if you actually pay attention to the Autobot scenes (Shoving Ironhide in the garden then Ironhide shoving him back at the bridge later, desperately trying to stop Ironhide from blasting Sam's parents by trying to pull one of his guns down, the look Ironhide gives him after he gets electrocuted etc.)

I really enjoyed him, fingers crossed for more of him in TF2.

16. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I was also worried about Ratchet's status on the sequel, bcause oit's true, he hasn't been involved in any filming so far, but after reading some comments and getting some common sense, maybe his scenes haven't been filmed yet, or all of his scenes will be filmed on set.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    maybe hes only on scene in bot mode? or maybe hes off repairing someone, like trying to get Jazz up and running. he could actually be DOING HIS JOB lol

18. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Relax Relax folks!!! We only saw Prime, BB, Ironhide,Jetfire,Arcee (heard she was on set) and that crappy Ice cream truck thus far... And maybe 2 or 3 new concept cars that could be anything... My point is: there is alot more to come and yes Ratchet will be in the movie...like Starscream wich we only saw a maket of and all the other robots that will make ''10 on each side''.... So it s really too soon to be trippin out!!!

19. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ARGH this ten on each side thing is not a rule. It was a comment made BEFORE the script was even written. Suddenly a few months later it starts doing the rounds as news.

I too am concerned about the lack of Ratchet or what would appear to be any good "classic" characters (beyond Jetfire).