Ratchet Deluxe..why?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by john bee prime, Feb 27, 2010.

1. john bee prime

john bee prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I saw this guy at Target today..for 9.99 only..

at hasbrotoyshop it is 12.99

TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN Deluxe Class: AUTOBOT RATCHET - Product Detail

he is a smaller version of the Voyager Ratchet..
    so I bought him thinking that it looks cool..and watched reviews of him on youtube..

and I think I will return him.. why? he is not in scale with anyone..if there will be a Deluxe Ironhide ..maybe I will..keep him..

Yeah he looks more movie accurate than the block-y Voyager version...
    but then in my collection he has no place...
    and I am running out of room..

what do you guys think? yeah for $11 (including tax) why not keep him right?

but I am running out of space that's why..
    what are your thoughts about this ratchet Deluxe?
    thanks...

see below..

[​IMG]

and I might as well add the other TFS...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

He was underwhelming to me too, especially after some pretty well built up hype from people.. But hes still a good figure.

My biggest knock on him is the rear wheel fixture that goes at the sides of his thighs in robot mode, it looks stupid to me.

3. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

christ...ditch half of the bumbleebees in there and you will have plenty of room...do you really need to army build a yellow camaro?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He's cool. I don't think he looks too super amazing, but seldom figure is. There is a Deluxe Ironhide coming that looks pretty good, so I plan to get them both.

But really, you knew he'd be out of scale, he's a deluxe. And frankly a decent toy is a decent toy, regardless of how big. If you don't utterly despise him why not keep him and have him as a desk toy?

5. john bee prime

Ebay:
    LOL! I know..I just got hooked on teh different repaints of bumblebee..
    the 76 camarao, the original with black bot bits, the one with grey bot bits, the canon bb, the premium BB, the 09 bb with better head sculpt etc etc...actually I do not plan to get the NEST BB or the other BB that has accurate side armors on arms like the caon BB has... so I am skipping ..

out of those BB collection only two are the same...but one was repainted/customized by me :)  it was a BB 07 original with black bot bits-- and the other one was kept as is..no repaint..

I know I am loco :crazy:  LOL!

6. john bee prime

Ebay:
    Yeah I knew he will out of scale..but I did not think he will be shorter/smaller than BB deluxe :) 
    among my collection he is just--"one of these things don't belong here " :) 

so you are sure there will be a deluxe ironhide? Nest version too? hhmm..I might have missed that announcement.. care to give a link? thanks..

7. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

That giant Bumblebee looks like he's in great scale with your other figures.

8. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Yes, Deluxe Ironhide has been confirmed.

9. john bee prime

Ebay:

I was thinking more from this picture.. :) 
    sure I can just display him with the other BBs or what have you..

[​IMG]

and of course the Ultimate BB--I should not have bought him, IF I knew they were coming out with that other BB -you know the battle ops...
    I think I will just sell the Ultimate BB..too damn big :) 

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I bought him because I plan on buying Takara's voy Prime with Jetfire parts, and dlx Ironhide. All three should hopefully look great together along with my other dlx Autobots.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    There's also that new-mould Voyager Prime coming out, I believe. With swords.

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    annoys me that people care of the scale of the figure but yes there wil lbe a deluxe ironhide, he is part of the upcoming movie line called Only transformers :) , anyway i dotn have him, but he looks cool and accurate, aslo sicne you have almsot no space, then just put him in somewhere esle, like livign room, Bath room, Somewhere, but i say he would be nice to be where your bee and barricade collection and your dvd transformable bee and optimus (what ever they are) are

13. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I buy my tf's to take individual pics of and to fiddle with. I display them on my shelf in a way that they all fit, not to create a diorama. So for me he's awesome. His alt mode is "cute" too.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    You could buy the new mold Voyager Optimus & Dx Ironhide and use them with your crew.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I actually like Deluxe Ratchet more than the Voyager one. I just think he's a really nifty figure.

16. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i say definitely keep him, there will be an ironhide deluxe coming out,, you saw vids adn reviews so you shouldve known the size before you bought him....get ride of some of those non necessary bees and make rooom. :) 

17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I donno. I Honestly have Leader Prime with the Human Alliance figs. Since the Voyagers for Ratchet and Ironhide are lackluster, I planned on getting Deluxe Ratchet to stick with Brawn and Armorhide as a squad that's pitted against Mindwipe and other voyagers. It looks much more in scale imo.

18. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

One of the reasons Hasbro made a deluxe movie Ratchet was to go with the new movie style Lockdown figure as part of the homage to Animated. If you have or intend to get Lockdown and you like that pairing then you should keep the Ratchet. I passed on Ratchet this past weekend in favor of Lockdown but on my next trip I'll probably get him so that the pair can be complete; plus the deluxe Ironhide will compliment it well.

I would say keep it.

19. just1nj

just1nj NERD GAZETTE

I actually ditched the Leader class stuff since there will be a deluxe Ironhide coming. Having deluxe Ratchet and Ironhide was probably a good solution for those that wanted a leader Fallen, but that doesn't seem like it is gonna happen

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i'm getting ratchet cause i just can't afford a voyager one right now...only movie one bot i am missing of the main cast