ratbat and scalpel

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

I had no idea that these guys would be in the show, granted for a brief time but still cool, your thoughts?

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The Dark energon creature wasn't meant to be Scalpel in the slightest. It was just there to show that it can bring inanimate things to life other then the dead.

Also, we don't know what Soundwave's little drone is called.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    It's cool. I didn't jump out of my seat when I saw them, but it was neat to see the little 'cons. I want to see more of Soundwave's minions.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm pretty sure that the drone is called Ratbat, and it was cool to see him in Episode 3. I want to see more of Soundwave's drones however, and hopefully they'll get toys!

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Ummm.... Time out dudes. That thing was ENORMOUS for a drone. I thought that was Soundwave's altmode. It was obviously a bat, which yes, could be Ratbat, but... It was the size of a military jet. I assumed it was Soundwave's altmode because 1) Bats are well known for using sound to sense their surroundings and 2) It was the same color as SW's robot mode and would 3) be about the same mass as Soundwave as a robot.

Did I just miss something altogether, or has nothing appeared on the show yet to refute that theory?

6. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    It was ejected from off of Soundwave's chest. It also wasn't named at all, so Ratbat is only an assumption as of now.

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Okay, thanks. I must have been blinking when that happened.

8. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Soundwave ejects "Ratbat" drone which is an armour from his chest. Hasbro made him a Breastforce guy.

That Scalpel guy is a random tool that came to life, he doesn't even look like Scalpel.

9. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he looked like scalpel to me, even if it wasn't intended to be

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Cosigned. I smell movie hate. It was an obvious reference to Scalpel even though it wasn't actually him.

11. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    I'm not hating the movie at all, I'm just saying it's not Scalpel. Similar in design, but it wasn't him.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It didn't even look like Scalpel. I know Scalpel. I love Scalpel. I studied his design so I could make a movie-accurate toy of Scalpel.

Scalpel had short little arms with little hands, two big round eyes, glasses and little antenae. Oh, and his little mustache/mouth.

The medical tool bot was just a bunch of spikes coming out of a cylindrical part. No eyes, arms or anything. It was not Scalpel.

It'd be a pretty lame homage to him anyway. Scalpel was a composed, if slightly excentric, man of science, and spoke fluent Enlitroniash.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

If you think that thing Bulkhead broke is Scalpel then I guess everything brought to like by the AllSpark must be Scalpel too because that's all that was.

Soundwave's drone on the other hand most likely is Ratbat because of it's very Bat-like shape and sounds. I thought maybe Laserbeak at first till I got a better look at it. The coloring is also similar, if not the same, to Ratbat's.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's noises also sound more like bat chirping then bird calls.

15. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

I'd say it was more like Reedman?

16. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    .....no....not even close.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That craft or whatever that went after Fowler came from Soundwave's chest, after it left, you could see missing parts, which make me think its actually a part of Soundwave rather than one of his minions, but who really knows what that thing is? Sound doesn’t even have proper arms, face or a voice—not hating, just sayin’.

18. Alana

Alana Member

I actually kind of figured the little skittery thing was a straight reference to... The Reanimator movies, where in... I think the third movie? (It's been a while!) the mad scientist (who is the same actor as Ratchet :p  ) uses a drop of reanimation fluid to bring a little nothing-but-fingers-and-an-eye monster to life, and hijinks ensue. It feels like a blatant homage to me. XD

Seriously, am I the only one who sees this? (I have not finished listening to the podcast to see if Vangelus mentions it. XD;; )

The breastformer is totally Ratbat, though. I squeed so hard. NEED TOY, THE LAST RATBAT I GOT WITH A FREE SOUNDWAVE BROKE ;_;

19. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

no, they're not Ratbat nor Scalpel until confirmation... so, "let's call them like that" may cause confusion (if there could be a Ratbat/Scalpel in further episodes)
    IMO, the only thing that bug-like robot was similar to scalpel was right that... a Bug-like bot
    and for Ratbat, yes, it was ejected from Soundwave's chest, but, if I'm remembering it right, in Soundwave bio in The Hub website, it said that Soundwave has drones... or minions, or something like that, but no names yet... so, wait :p 

20. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I thought Buzzsaw was a more appropriate name for the drone (seeing as how it cuts helicoptors in two). Maybe it doesn't have a name, in any case - we won't find out unless we get a toy or official word - if Soundwave doesn't speak, he's not going to talk to his drones.

EDIT: Yeah, I got the re-animator reference. :D