Heavy/Scratch: Raphael & Michelangelo (part 1 of 4)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by whiskeytango, Jul 5, 2011.

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Part 2: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/428258-leonardo-donatello-w-group-pics-part-2-4-a.html

So heres a project I've wanted to do for a long time but the cost of the base figures was too prohibitive in my mind to do them. Thankfully, a guy who found me on ebay commissioned me to do them, so I'm finally getting my chance. For the basis of them, the customer sent me pictures of Speedlee's awesome turtle customs as a reference. He wanted them to be in the 2000s style, which was right up my alley anyways.

So first up are Raph and Mike. He provided the figures, but unfortunately, he had previously tried to paint the bandannas in their respective colors with enamel paints. On the rubbery plastic of the bandannas, its never fully dried in most places, and in others it was extremely tacky. So I set about stripping that, and then gave them full repaints. Mikes black lining isn't showing up well in the pics, on top of him looking quite a few shades of green darker than he actually is, but I think he still looks good. Enjoy, more to come!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

who dosnt love sum TMNT? SUCKAS thats who! awesome job,cait wait to see them all!

3. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

Those are AWSOME.Before TF or Joes.I'm a TMNT fan at heart and these are beautiful.1 of 4? Are you doing April too? I hope to one day own this set.

4. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

thanks guys. The guy is having me do all 4 turtles, April, and 11 mousers for him, so the 4 are 1. Raph and Mike, 2. Leo and Don, 3. April, 4. Mousers. I'm going to see if i can talk him into letting me make him a Slash... for a nominal fee, but also because I really really want to.

5. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I have high hopes for Don(he was my fave.) 11 mousers,thats cool.I hope we get to see a small scene of the turtles saving april from all the mousers before you ship them off.I wish we could get Bebop and Rocksteady in this style.

6. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want next Whiskey! Can my turtles get the same treatment, and if I get an ugly blue April can you make her yellow and purtee? Hit me up.

7. treadbolt69

treadbolt69 New Member

awesome job!!! those look amazing ! i want one!!

8. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Radical dude! Cowabunga!

9. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Turtle Power, Indeed!