RANT

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I've got to post this, because I've had it.

WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL THE NEW DOTM AND PRIME TOYS?!

The only Prime toys that I have are Bee and Starscream, and I wanna get Soundwave and Que before DOTM goes off shelves!

WHERE ARE THEY?!! Plus I need Voyager Ironhide, but of course he's vanished suddenly. Oh, and I can't forget Leadfoot! Where is he?

Not to mention Mirage, who doesn't even have pics OR confirmation yet.

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    LOL. Voyager Ironhide was released almost a year ago, sorry.

You can get Soundwave and\or Que via their japanese versions. If you want something cheaper, you can wait for them. Soundwave's nothing that special, really.

The Prime toyline is just around the corner. Literally, it's like one month and a half and we're there. I remember seeing the first pics of Arcee last winter and it's been released only a month ago. Surely we can hold a few more weeks.

3. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Put a penny on the needle! The record's skipping!

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    TFs always experience a drought around this time. It's been this way for years and years. I think the first tiem I noticed was during Cybertron. In a month or two you'll be overwhelmed with stuff to buy. (see: Prime Wheeljack in-package pics thread. They're already surfacing)

5. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    *sighs* You know that every time a thread like this is posted, a pony dies.

And I'm the one that kills said pony.

Don't get me wrong, I love doing it...but cleaning up all that blood is just a pain in my ass.

*Grabs axe and heads towards Pinkiepie or whatever the hell the soon-to-be-dead pony's name is*

6. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    A distribution thread? Is it that time of the day already?

So some toys aren't being released quick enough, whilst it's too long since others were released?

Voyager Irohnide was everywhere. If you missed one, it's becasue you live in a place that's an absolute distribution blackspot, of your just plain slow.

7. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    I know, but I can't find Ironhide anywhere.

What I'm worried about is that DOTM will go off-shelves before I find them, because Roadbuster AND Topspin are still rare at every store within 200 miles.

And that's just an example...

And I know about the Prime thing but it's driving me nuuuts.

8. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    -cheers-

I'll help.

9. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    dotm ironhide blows save your money

recon ironhide is the best by miles movie 1 is better then dotm

10. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    It's official. you do live in a distribution black spot.

11. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Thread Won!!

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I hadn't even considered this topic! Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Karhukjnsi +1'd this post.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Alright, so we have our distribution rant + where are [insert toy here] thread. Somebody submit a new thread about Leader Class Blackout, Hasbro hating us, and what Classics figure do you want next.

15. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Honestly, they're doing it just to piss you off....

Nerd-rage is like Catnip to Hasbro!

16. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Honestly, I am completely fine with Hasbro doing what they do, at their own pace. We are getting chars that really, I don't think we would have gotten if it wasn't for this pace. It also led up to some really nice figures, Straxus, Skyshadow, Thunderwing... Just to name a few.

People really -do- take for granite that they are trying their best to appease both the children who just want another damn'd bumblebee and Octamis Pwime. But, at the same time I think people forget that, since the movies came out, they are trying gain what ever profits they can from that aspect in order to... duh. Profit. Because after all, Hasbro is a large company, that in the long run just "happens" to be doing Transformers, and is not their main focus. Hasbro has all kinds of shit that they produce, and it isn't as if they could just allocate all of their budget to Transformers, they also have to budget out The Hub, Pony Merch, Various board games, etc etc.

Yet, we still have six million threads of -this- variety. Bitching about the lose of animated, and figures we just will never see. Would it be nifty if they released them? Yeah. But, don't expect to see them anytime in the near future, especially movie toys. If anything, I am sure that retailers are sick of the things, especially with returns, and lack of income based around the movie figures, because even though there are people that claim "DOTM is the best selling!" It was the best selling because retailers put them off at eighty percent of their own value in order to pump out more of the figures they already ordered, and can't sell until the original stock is out.

Which means, the sixmillion bumblebees. However, parents are wise. They already bought bumblebee from the first movie. Will they buy the bigger bumblebee for their kid? Eh, maybe. But, for the most part, now parents have the excuse of "You already have one, do you really need another?" the same can be said for alot of DOTM seeing as most of the toyline was unoriginal, uninspired seeing as most of the line was rehashes of Prime and Bumblebee, with a oversized Ironhide thrown in for flavour. As well as a hoodless version of a toy we -just- bought last time. However, it is probably just justification based on -those- are the toys that sell the best... or something of the ilk.

Now back to the original point I had about the toys being more so focused around the children rather then us. It is all profit based, "If this sells, we will do it.", and so the retailers also have to think with that mindset, however what both parties arn't understanding is that there are millions of Transformers fans just waiting to throw our money at both, however they might just be keeping us as a "Slightly used" cash resesrve, just like with Classics, in which they took a gamble in order to aquire more money in the down time, however now knowing that it sells (Though minimally) they have increased the production. However, they had their asses bitten when it came to Uni 2.0, and GeneRTS in which there wasn't as much of a profit margin due to the movies, and a disintrest in both parties, due to not only the engererring but the asthetics, as one features something that may as well have been in the first line, as it didn't evolve from that first line (Uni 2.0) where as the other is a aesthetic mess (Generations).

In the case of Uni 2.0 my understanding is that between the first movie and animated. it was doomed to fail no matter what, just because it didn't fit in with either crowd, as well as the retailers demanding it sell as the movies do, however this is obviously not the case, because I suppose over time they forgot how to sell Transformers.

As for Generations/RTS, that mishmosh of Aesthetics just grinds my gears. You have the overall feel of Classics, however with some of the figures, it feels as if they where trying to cater more so to the movie fans, which is acceptable in some instances, however the "OUR HANDS ARE OPEN BECAUSE WE ARE COOL!!!" Does not work for Transformers, though this may just be because i'm a fan of A/E/C, however the standard hand posts work just great for me, and it works -just- fine on WFC Prime, yet they felt the need to do it on WreckGar, and RTS Prime, which... doesn't make sense to me, and I hope they don't use that method on future releases.

Now, all this shit has been said time and time again, by various users. Me saying this for the umpteenth time, probably wont change anything, but I feel "I might as well." =P

- DZ

17. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Hasbro won't release any further toys until you cry more. You're getting there, just a little more. Maybe you can enlist this guy.

18. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    :eek:  YOU ASSHOLE! Why does it have to be a MLP pony? Why not real life ponies? THOSE THINGS ARE UGLY AS HELL!

19. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Erm he's in my room right now I bought a jap one off eBay about 2 weeks ago. My complete set of wreckers look amazing. They are there just be patient!

20. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Oh look this thread again. The new toys are coming soon for DOTM and i prime FIrst Edition figures that are left should be coming within a couple of weeks and the main line in the spring. I would advise to start being on the look out for the new movie toys within the next week. My local wally world had the new planograms for the toy aisle resets posted so i took a nice look. The TF reset will put in space for the new toys including the deluxe prime and trailer set.