[Rant forums]Why bring bay back for the 4th movie if he intended DOTM to be the last?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Apr 8, 2012.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A bit of a Easter Monday rant so just bear with me. So I was just thinking this while reading all the TF4 posts over the last hour or so. If bay legitimately wanted to return for the fourth movie and make it a direct sequel I believe he wouldn't of killed of so many deceptions and autobots but he did. I think we can all agree bay wanted to or at least he thought that DOTM would be the last due to the flop that was ROTF. While he probably thought that the fans would of just given up on him , he clearly didn't anticipate a fourth movie and such so he made DOTM the final film and wanted to cut himself loose from the franchise. Face facts people the only reason hes returning is cause of the deal with pain and gain. I think this easter break has done wonders to my brain and Im finally thinking straight. I dont know what hasbro was thinking, they should of let the franchise rest for a few years and rebooted without bay.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro have been blinded by all the money Bay has made them; they seem to be under the impression that only he can handle TF live-action movies.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Just what the Movie Forum needs. Another rant thread. Anyway, the money that fuels our toylines is why.

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hasbro, Paramount and everyone involved in the films wanted bay back, its simple. even steven speilberg thinks bay is the perfect guy to do the live action films (i agree with him)

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    The thought crossed Bay's mind as he was bathing in 100 dollar bills.

6. micky24

micky24 Well-Known Member

money

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    They're going for quantity (as in cash) over quality. At this point, they could throw a turd on the wall, stamp a TF logo on it and call it TF4 and it would probably make a bazillion dollars.

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Because he gets asses in seats.

9. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This. (except they were actually thousand dollar bills)

10. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

The deal with Pain and Gain likely got him back (and $$$$$) and the studio probably didn't want to chance messing with the proven success formula ($$$$$). They know he's turned out box office smashes (if not all good movies).

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF was not a flop. It might be reguarded as a bad movie but it is a hit.

12. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Face it, Transformers means something completely different for Bay than the fans growing up on these films. As much as you may hate him, he did the job he was paid to do, make a highly profitable franchise. At least he showed the profitability of the line and opened the flood gates for more movies, shows, and action figures down the line.

13. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

From a fans perspective, he's not the best man for the job. To me that would be Edgar Wright. But i'll take movies i sort of like despite my complaints, that make millions so i get to enjoy lots of toy lines and video games, over movies that cater to the fans, that the critics like, but which might not put bums on seats.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It seems that Bay wanted out of the films because he was tired of working of the same movie series, and making the Transformers movies takes up a lot of time when Bay has been looking at more than just directing movies. With the actors three film contract up he likely figured well this is it so lets see if there is a script to end the series.

Paramount is somewhat lacking in the franchises at the moment and are too timid to invest too much in new franchises so I think they are the driving force behind finding a way to bring Micheal Bay back for more of the same.

And yea the public will likely gobble up some fourth film like they guzzle down those dull bland McDonald's cheeseburgers.

15. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

12. No Spam
    We do not allow spamming in our general forums. Spam is relegated to the Fuzzy World Forum. The Fuzzy World is a perk for TFW2005 Supporters.

-2005 Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Bc Bay wants more $$, and he wants to make bigger, and better crappy movies.
    With any luck TF4 will either just fade away, into production limbo, or maybe something will come up with a better director who will be able to do the Transformers justice.

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Why would the stakeholders risk a new format and director when they could just throw more money at Bay and keep the established format with a strong brand identity and a proven financial success record?

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hope TF4 flops so we can get a proper reboot.

People watch Transformers for the action and the robots not a bunch of poop jokes and a whiny brat.

20. Cogar

Cogar Follower of the Code

A proven formula. Three mega hits in a row, each bigger than the last. The third one grossed almost a billion dollars worldwide. No one involved would go with a different director. I wouldn't--and I believe that there are several out there who would do a better job. He needs to find decent writers this time though.