Ranma 1/2 DVD Boxset's

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by soundwaveCA, Mar 3, 2007.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Just picked up the first season of Ranma today. It's the new release version in the "thinkpack" or whatever they call it packaging for more then half the original cost of the first release set which came to $50 CAD :D . My question is are there any plans to release more Ranma this way? Asked my local comic book guy today and he didn't know, and I've been poking around online but I dont see anything. Just wondering if anyone else knows anything?

If not glad I managed to snag the first season at such a discount. Ranma's always been one of my fav's and was really the anime that got me into anime so it would be nice to get the first 2-3 seasons at any rate.

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got the Chinese editions from ebay. Season 1 and 2 in a set for about $30, all the other seasons are only about $20. (USD) You might want to try there for cheap DVDs.

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't do bootlegs.

Only time I ever did was on Fushigi Yuugi as at the time both box sets were going for a whopping $300 CAD each, which was absolutely ridicules. Even in this case I already had the legit VHS versions of it so I figured I already paid my dues on it.

4. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

That would be nice if they did come out with a newer box set. I used to have them on VHS for a long time. Really enjoyed that series

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yeah, its cool that most anime is coming out in the thin packs which makes it way cheaper.

i actually have all the original box sets, bought like the first three at Best Buy for full price ($120) and the rest (along with the OVA box set) at overstock.com for $80 each.

most likely they'll bring out the rest of the seasons, i cant see why not. i might buy me the thin packs and box up the one i have.

6. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

We've got a local release here for $Aus 70-75 , which is working out well for me. Got seasons 1-4 so far, waiting on 5-7. Movies are also apparently out but I haven't seen them for a long time.

7. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    See, this is a rampant misconception in the fringe areas of anime fandom. HK DVDs are not bootlegs. They are actual factual legit licensed releases of those shows. There is no sweaty guy in his basement churning out boxsets, they are the real deal. However, people seem to get so used to the idea that they have to gorge themselves on prices to get anime that they jump to conclusions and forget that it really doesn't cost much to make authorized DVDs. I would say, go for the HK releases, save a ridiculous amount of money, and sleep better at night knowing you have more money for Transformers.