Randomness

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Angelwave, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Hey guys,

I was just reading some of the news threads; The recent Hasbro Q&A, Energon Bruticus repaint and such, and just needed to get out of lurking and get something off my chest.

I'm trying to understand the RANDOMNESS of selecting certain characters for release. Mind you, I love Universe Onslaught's new mold and Silverbolt's is not bad either. However, given their history as combiner leaders, why not select characters who do not have that badge assigned to them. Characters like Warpath, Whirl, Roadbuster, the Insecticons, Trailbreaker, Hoist, etc, seemed like they would have been more appropriate given the solitary space they occupy.

From the Q&A I see that one answer was that they wanted to do ultras as recognizable characters and such. And yes Onslaught and Silverbolt are recognizable, as the respective combiner team leaders of the Combaticons and Aerialbots. And I am sure they are aware of that. So why not hold off those characters and re-vist them if they decide to do a new molds for Bruticus and/or Superion later down the line? How about putting the development into characters that readily stand alone?

For instance, if Galvatron was given the ultra treatment, Hoist, Tracks, Trailbreaker, Wheeljack, or who ever else could have taken his place as a deluxe (easiest for them would have been Trailbreaker, then repaint/remold him into Hoist).

I'm not sure if you guys would understand where I'm coming from with this, but hopefully you do.

Thanks

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    considering we already got combaticon and superion combiners I doubt these would be redone any time soon. I honestly dont see any of the characters yo listed as ultras and its already been explained twice by hasbro that they wanted an ultra Galvatron but got shot down by marketing, probably we just had a leader tank and now a voyager tank if you count blitzwing.

3. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I actually was just throwing that out there as an example about Galvatron, not just being specific to him or the size class. What I was trying to convey is the characters that they choose to use.

The reason why is I was just thinking of this, is of the responses I see to the threads I mentioned above. It's evident that people do want new combiners molds, and maybe not now but hopefully we will get them in the future. But what I am trying to say is why not save those characters until then? Instead of doing other characters like Sixshot, who would benefit from being an ultra six-changer.

Now if it has to do with marketing approval, I can understand. I'm just not wanting them to limit themselves in a particular way.

4. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

I too expressed my desire for an ultra class universe Sixshot...I hope it happens, but doubt it.

As for why they chose to do Ultra class versions of Combiner leaders who don't actually combine, I can only assume that given the amount of interest and demand for combiners these days with respect to new molds,marketing decided to make these two thinking they would sell decently to those with hopes that maybe they will release the rest of their respective combiner teams even if they never do. Bastards...if they did!

as for the repaints of Energon Bruticus and Devastator...much like all repaints...it all comes down to cost efficiency. Repaints still sell, and as long as they continue to sell well, so much for new molds that cost more to fabricate.

I'm still, very, very skeptical if not confused about hasbro's reasoning behind the deluxe galvatron story. The whole "We already have too many tanks" thing just won't fly with me...but oh well. Perhaps there's a Masterpiece in the works, or in talks.