Randomly Autograghed TLK Toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by mmhand, May 22, 2017.

1. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

I agree about the unlikely chance that this is a return. That means that the two most likely scenarios are:

1. Someone took the time to fake it. Probably from The Hasbro factory. This means that not only was there an intent to fake Peter Cullen's signature but someone practiced enough so that their signature would reasonably be able to match Cullen's. That sounds like a lot work considering that the likelihood would be high that the figure would be bought by a kid who would just tear into it and never even notice the autograph.

2. It is authentic. Perhaps, it is some sort of chase figure sort of scenario that Hasbro wanted fans to discover without any advance publicity. If this is the case, I would expect that more of these will show up at some point in the near future. Of course, my thought with this is: why hasn't someone else already gotten an autograghed figure?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Was this actually through walmart or one of the 3rd party vendors that sell on their site

4. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

It was directly through Walmart. It was one of their items where they gave a dollar off if it was picked up in store.

5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Any chance Mr. Cullen might have walked into a Walmart, signed a few Optimus Primes while he was there and didn't tell anyone as a surprise for would-be buyers? I mean, the guy is human and probably shops at retail stores like the rest of us commoners with a higher degree of anonymity than most actors.

6. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Haha yeah that would funny. I can see him drunk at Walmart 2am chuckling to himself walking around with a red pen

• Like Like x 10
  7. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    If fake, I must say I'm quite impressed by the extensive knowledge of TFs of the one responsible...(and the level of detail of that work!)
    Shows dedication, at the very least :rolleyes: 

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  8. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

That is a pretty neat find. Real or not, I'd certainly hold on to the box and not open it. Would be a great story to tell the grandkids one day, lol.

9. elburrito

elburrito Well-Known Member

it may be Hasbro just printed a bunch that way as a promotional think. definitely worth following up though. it seems far to random to be a fake

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm assuming Cullen has some kind of online presence like Twitter or Facebook or whatever. You could always just go through that and ask him if he might be aware of any secret autograph promotion thing or some other reason his signature is on there in this strange way.

• Like Like x 1
  11. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    weird...
    if i was in anyways famous with a toy brand, i'd sign a single figure every time i'd enter a store....but it'll have to be different ones than before.

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    o_O  that is strange as all get out. I have no expertise on Cullen's signature so i'll not speak to it's legitness. I do agree about trying to verify the signature if you can.

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Wow..talk about lucky

14. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    This reminds me of when Marvel released blindbagged copies of "Death of Spider Man" comics with 300 or so autographed by the writer except in this case Prime is not blindbagged. If it is some kind of official promotion, Im surprised there is no indication it is "# out of # signed" on the box or not include a certificate of authenticity (unless its packed inside).

But otherwise, it's definitely a cool find and great conversation starter (as indicated here). I too would like to know if it can be authenticated. :) 

15. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Either the story is real and the autograph is a fake.
    Or, the story is false and the graph is real.

OP, send it in to an autograph authentication service (does not guarantee authenticity, but would be pretty cool if it was deemed legit).

16. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Maybe Hasbro is doing a Lucky Draw kind of deal.

17. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Pretty sneaky and awesome, if true. It does appear to be his signature but I can see subtle differences between the one signed item I can get to readily. I have another that I will have to dig for. I can upload pics later and let you folks decide. It's possible his signature has changed a bit in the years since. Mine are genuine. Got both at different Botcons. If I'm correct, 07 and 08. Might be wiped out after work but if I can remember, I will get back to this.

18. J_Man

J_Man New Member

I actually just got my order today and opened it to a Peter Cullen autograph. Matching it to ebay signatures, it looks like it's either a well done fake or authentic. Has there been any more info figured out with this?

Attached Files:

19. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Where did you get yours? Walmart online?

Yours doesn't quite match the op's autograph in the third post of this thread. Yours looks more rushed. I don't know though - I'm no expert.

20. J_Man

J_Man New Member

It was the same Wal-Mart online order. It's rather odd, but yeah that's what it looks like. If authentic, it appears he had sat down and signed whatever number of these. Probably rushed since it wouldn't be st a convention setting. Just go in, sign, get out. But I have no idea though. It'd be nice if one of the sites made it front page news then was able to get further info.