Random thoughts (mainly gripes)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Riksy Bizzness, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Riksy Bizzness

Riksy Bizzness Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice how the plots for all three films have something similar?...

TF1 - Robots landed on mars, robot cube and robot crashed on earth years ago - THE GOVERNMENT KNEW ALL ALONG

TF2 - Robots came to earth years ago - THE GOVERNMENT KNEW ALL ALONG (jetfire and his buddies)

TF3 - Robots crashed on the moon - THE GOVERNMENT KNEW ALL ALONG

Surely they could have thought of something else other than conspiracy - and by the sounds of it this latest installment will be more focused on conspiracy than the other two - or maybe this is a good thing? - we'll see.

Also - bit of a coincidence all this shit keep happening in our solar system and our planet?!?!?!? First Egypt, then oldy time planes, then the moon, then mars.

I dunno - just some random thoughts in my head.

okay, Here comes the part where some of you start to correct me on plot details/etc...

(but deep down even you guys know that there is too much similarity between the main plot of the 3 films).

2. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

The reason that all the crap happens in our solar system is the same as in every other TF universe: The writers are from Earth.

I have to disagree with your statement that the government knew all along in all three movies. In RotF, they knew that the Seekers existed, but they didn't know jack about the Fallen, the Solar Harvester, or the other Primes. They didn't even know what the Seekers were; as far as they were concerned, the Seekers were random Transformers who came to Earth for God knows what reason.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    As said, it happens here because that's the planet we live on.

And the movies have similar basis as a theme, the idea that the Transformers and humans are far more connected than we know. (and each movie reveals that it's deeper and more sinister each time)

The actual plots (I.e., the story and what happens) are not the same.

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I want to point out that this whole "the government knew the whole time" thing doens't need to be pointed out more than once. They knew of them for a LONG TIME so pointing out that they knew about TF presence in ROTF and in DOTM seems very redundent.

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, ancillary media has explained that the cube was specifically drawn to Earth because the solar harvester was there, so that, at least, means it wasn't just coincidence.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Not everyone going will have seen previous movies to know such things.

7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Name a trilogy that doesn't have this aspect present. And it's not really a conspiracy, it's more of a cover-up. And based on the events of ROTF, I'm sure DOTM will deal with the end of that cover-up. So there's a fresh plot point for ya!

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Movies tend to end up with an Earth focus because writers know we can relate to other humans and you can use familiar settings as the background to what is being filmed. Kind of rare to have films like Star Wars that never come to Earth at all.

The plot device of the government knew all along and perfectly covered up all alien contact is way over used, but that's Hollywood for you. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get new ideas or new slants on old concepts because it's a bigger risk for the people financing the film.

Although the Solar Harvester was kind of a leap of logic that of all the stars in the universe and all the planets in our solar system we were the only system with the right star and the only planet they could put it on.

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And even in Star Wars, we got humans...well, British people*...oh, and Lando! :p 

*I know the three main characters weren't British, but still....