Random Thought: Generation 0 Anyone?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Well I've been thinking, we had G1 and we had G2 and we had Beast Wars which was sort of a new Generation in itself. Why not a Generation Zero?

Has anyone else wanted to see this? The beginning of a race, a time before factions and what led up to the great war? I think it'd be a superb series in itself, what happened before Optimus, before Megatron, before Alpha Trion even? I'm sure there are loads of great stories to be told.

Did the race flourish or did they struggle? Was there a war between those who served Primus and those who sought power from Unicron? Could The Fallen have led a massive war against the children of primus?

Really, anything is possible when you think of it. The majority of Transformers history is a mystery. Makes you wonder how it all began, what happened in the beginning and how it all came to such a terrible war that it tore the race asunder.

Maybe I'm just crazy, maybe I'm the only one who'd be interested in this.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It could be that's what we're getting in WFC. A lot of what you're asking for has been touched on in stuff like The War Within and even the G1 animated series, though. It's been adressed or alluded to a number of different ways, but sure, maybe another way would work as well.

Wouldn't Generation Zero be Diaclone? =P

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    That is what I was thinking...

I would love to see a series based on the early days of Cybertron. Kind of like a Knights of the old republic...

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    That's what I'm talking about. The beginning of the planet and the race. Now how Optimus Prime and Megatron started out, but before they even existed. Would be kinda cool to see how it all started.

5. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Yeah I'd like to see this although I'd be scared of it turning out like the Star Wars Prequels.

Then again the first episode of G1 did kind of start halfway through the Cybertronian War so at the very least a prequel to G1 would have the familiar characters showing up at least in the third act.

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    It would be tough though. Hasbro likes to Reboot the franchise, but for the most part (in north america anyways) there is alwasy an icondic Prime Character. This would be cool to see a whole host of new characters.

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Well, since Cybertron did have a "Golden-Age", I would presume you'd start from there.
    "Transformers-The Golden Age".
    Then you'd have to fill in the spaces between that era and when the Decepticons started making trouble. Then you go from then, to the first few conflicts, battles, to first war.