Random speculation: The Chevrolet Beat is BRAWN

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nevermore, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    How do I come to this conclusion?

Hasbro filed for a registration of the trademark "Brawn" earlier this year.
    Latest Status Info

Currently the registration process appears to have encountered a few obstacles: A "non-final action" has been mailed, which essentially means that either the examining attorney is requesting additional information, and/or he is making an initial refusal; it does NOT automatically mean that Hasbro will not succeed in their attempt to register the name. Even if Hasbro don't succeed, they might still be able to use the name as a non-registered standard trademark. After all, Hasbro failed to register the "Bumblebee" trademark three years ago, and look how many toys using the name we've gotten regardless.

Okay. So Hasbro want to get back the name. Why?

Of course, we already know there's going to be a Universe Legends toy coming up next year. But is that really all?

Brawn was a big character in the G1 cartoon. Oddly, not many people outside fan circles remember him today (unlike "Trucktimus Prime, Megagun, that badass mofo tape deck guy, the yellow bug, that cool Porsche dude and the jet"). But he was the guy that made Soundwave say "uncle" and went up against Megatron.

Using Brawn in the second movie would totally sound like something Kurtzman and Orci would do. He's a season 1 character real G1 cartoon buffs would remember.

So, my theory is that the mystery Chevy Beat is supposed to be Brawn.

So who would that make the Chevy Trax? I'd guess either Cliffjumper (more likely) or Windcharger (less likely).

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Brawn? I thought to be Spinger and that Trax is Wheelie.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Could be interesting, but personally, I'd rather Brawn have a tougher looking alt-mode. Like an SUV of some sort.

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i just can't see that little dinky car being named BRAWN.

5. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Wasn't Brawn a mini-bot? Why couldn't he be a smaller car?

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally don't think it goes well with his personality. Then again they could choose to use the name Brawn, but go with a different, more young personality. Maybe even portray a younger version of Brawn's personality.

7. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    It could be just a crap Scout class redeco. ;-)

8. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Hope it s not cuz it wouldnt fit his character at all!!! Brawn was an ''old '' transformer and that chevy beat looks like a teenager s modified car that a spoiled brat would get for her 16th birthday!!! Look at the paint job... Thats childish and Brawn as I remember was a ''serious'' character... So, if indeed Hasbro has the right on his character, he should at least be a jeep or truck...Something less flashy and more sobber, and IMO, they should use more known and recognized characters like Wheeljack, Mirage or HotRod before him....

9. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:

Brawn as a Teenbot :)  with Bumblebee as Friends before the war?

off topic:I'm turning 16 in November.

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    That would be cool for a younger brawn.

11. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Being the Jeep lover that I am, I say Brawn should be a Jeep Wrangler with Big offroad tires. If he is the Beat well I guess that I'll just be glad that he made the movie.

12. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These two are good to be Brawn.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With live action film, Animated and Classics it's getting harder and harder to guess where a character is going to pop up when Hasbro gets a name back.

Of course it really wouldn't hurt my feeling any if Brawn was one of those character that made it into all three.

14. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Tell that to General Motors.

15. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It amazes me that they have to refile for names. Why couldn't they just KEEP THEM the first time around.

The Jeep Patriot and Compass would be horrible Brawn's. If he's not a Wrangler than he shouldn't be a Jeep.

16. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Right on Michael Prime, right on Jericho!

17. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Because that requires using those names every two or three years at least. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Now remember what state Transformers were in around 1990. If you were Hasbro, would you really have bothered to make sure you'd keep the name "Huffer"? Or "Gears"?

And then remember that Hasbro didn't (and doesn't) just release Transformers. They also release five million other toylines. Sure, they could put "Inferno" into G.I. Joe and "Seaspray" into My Little Pony and whatnot... but there's a limit. And then, remember again that they'd have needed to use EVERY SINGLE NAME AT LEAST EVERY TWO OR THREE YEARS. How'd you have managed that? Entire 1984 G1 cast gets new toys every three years?

Also remember that Hasbro didn't even realize what lasting power the original characters had for a long time. They thought Transformers was just about cool toys with cool functions, and the characters were simply a marketing tool to sell them. They thought they could phase out the entire 1984 cast with the 1986 movie and replace them with new characters.

The first NEW toy to actually USE the name of a previous toy was Powermaster Optimus Prime. Released in 1988.

Then came Pretender Bumblebee, Jazz, Grimlock and Starscream. In 1989. (There were also some Micromasters that reused names previously used by Pretenders and what-have-you, such as "Sky High", but those were not meant to be the same characters.)

Lastly, there were the Action Masters in 1990. Half of them were new incarnations of the 1984/85 cast. And then the Transformers line was cancelled. WHY should Hasbro have actually BOTHERED keeping the name "Brawn" by that point?

I'm working on a revamped version of my big G1 trademark database list. That should hopefully make clear what an AMAZING effort it is to keep track of all those names.

18. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay I'll give you Brawn, or Gears. But friggin' Jazz? They lose Jazz and Ratchet and have to go with Autobot Jazz/Ratchet, c'mon! You would at least thing the main core would be renewed and reused so you don't have to resort to this goofy name.

Would the comics not count then towards said two year usage?

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually, from what I know the issue with Jazz and Ratchet, isn't trademarks, but the fact that their names are common words. That's the reason they put Autobot in front of them. Same thing with Decepticon Brawl, Autobot Hound, and from what I know, pretty much every other TF toy that has Autobot/Decepticon in front of their names. As for the comics, I severely doubt they could help, as I'm not sure if Hasbro needs to trademark the names of the characters used in them. Even then, it'd most likely be a different trademark entirely, as it wouldn't be toy related.

20. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember Brawn from G1. He wasn't afraid of anything and I remember
    he took on Shockwave.