Random mad thoughts at work

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1Prowl, Apr 26, 2011.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

So I was thinking about Energon Snowcat, since I was planning on eventually using him as the base for a Classics Pointblank custom. I was more specifically thinking about swapping parts from black Snowcat to the white (but dyed blue and red) Snowcat, and it hit me. If you don't get hung up on alt modes being different from the G1 incarnations, the two versions of Snowcat could easily, and without any repainting, pull duty as Classics Runabout and Classics Runamuck. Thoughts? Madman or mad genius? In desperate need of sleep? Chime in, one and all.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    I don't know..... by your logic, then any transformers toy can be repurpose to any other character you want it to be?

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I know this isn't really a big one, but I've had one of those purple combat hero Megatrons for a while now, and he's become one of my favorite toys. However, he didn't have any of the weapons, meaning that he didn't have a gun turret. For the longest time, I'd been using tiny gun from G2 Sideswipe, simply because it fit.

However, I was looking through some stuff one day & noticed that the cannon from Targetmaster Prowl's bike would fit him quite well (without the black missile which I lost that too), and since I was missing most of the bike's parts & whatnot anyway, I figured I had little to lose by going Mojo Jojo on it. A few tools & some broken plastic later, I had my new cannon, and I honestly think it works a lot better than that stupid air gun ever would have. Now I've just gotta figure out a more permanent way of attaching it the panel (I'm using a wod of sticky tack now), hopefully in a way that lets it move up & down.

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

After editing in the word Classics, since I omitted it from the OP, what I meant was that with the Classics figures quite a few characters have had upgrades to the point that they don't have the same alt mode. THAT is why I was recommending Snowcat. That and because there would be no repainting. I'm a lazy customizer

5. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Mostly i think that mold is far to garbage to consider dropping into Classics. that was during the time when the designers didn't seem to realize that have tires sticking out on each side of your torso makes you look tubby (see also: Energon Fatimus Prime)