Random Act of Kindness

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, May 1, 2011.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    The coolest thing happened to me today. I decided to get Hasbro's version of Rodimus Minor after the paint started coming off my Japanese version. When I got to the aisle in ToysRUs, found him, then with the help of an employee re-arranged the toys a bit cause some of them were on the wrong pegs (only the non-ToysRUs Animated Exclusives were on clearance). Standard day at ToysRUs.

On the way out, I got into the checkout line and the woman in front of me, as she finishes checking out, turns around and gives me a gift card! She'd bought what she came for and apparently didn't feel the need to keep the card with a few bucks left on it. I ended up getting like 3 bucks off-true, its not much, but it was still a rather pleasant surprise, plus i got to save a few $! It was pretty cool. Anyone else have a story like that?

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    anyone else have good experiences to talk about?

3. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I've done that once.I was using a christmas giftcard and didn't use all of it.I gave it to the lady behind me.She looked at me like i was crazy and was asking what was it for.I just sit it by the register and walked out.

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've ended up helping a few people, and have been helped as well. This is my coolest story though I think.

I was on holiday in the US last December and was happily wandering through Target with a shopping trolley full of stuff for me and my wife. I had paused at the Toys section and was busy filling up with goodies - at the time I think I had a Drift, Red Alert, Dirge and Darkmount in there. At which point a grandmother asks me "excuse me, you seem to know an awful lot about these here toys. Can you help me find one for my grandson?" She was rather surprised to find out I was British, but then told me that her grandson had just got "some sort of robot game for his Playstation three hundred and something" (bless her) and had asked for one of the toys. "He likes the good guys" she added, to which I rummaged around on the pegs, gave her a WFC Prime and hopefully ended up making someone very happy!

5. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    When I was younger and Energon had come out, I went to my local Wal-Mart to look for any cool transformers I could find. I ended up seeing a nice Storm Jet there and the only problem was, some other kid already had the only one. Apparently I looked pretty sad, so he looked at the toy, looked at me, and handed it to me. One of the nicest things someone's done about a transformer that I can remember. And mind you, the kid didn't look like someone who would have a lot of toys.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Pay it forward (although I think you already did in advance). Could be that your good deed of helping clean up the aisle was seen, or just Karma on your side.

Only thing I can think of off hand is at the supermarket (especially when I lived in Portland). Either have someone who is poor with a family, or in most cases homeless purchasing their lunch with can recycling tickets coming up a little short. Probably picked up the amount they were missing once or twice a week. If it means feeding their family, or feeding the homeless man for the day, it is worth the buck or two for me. Have to say, Portland had some of the most polite homeless people.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Nope. Everyone at the store has minded their own business.

8. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

My wife, mother-in-law, and I went to Bodyworlds last weekend....Just before we were about to pay for it...some older guy gave us all $5 off coupopns...said he didn't need them anymore. He probably would have given them to anyone but it was still very nice to save $15 total...

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Not toy related but...

Had just finished my closing shift at work, we got free drinks because of the date..for whatever reason (hey no complaints). Stop by Taco Bell afterwards as I usually do when I have a few spare bucks. Order my food, get up to the window, cashier tells me the person behind me offered to pay for my meal.

Awesome.

10. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

went to a private club and took my top off and someone bought me a drink... does that count?

11. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

Only counts if pics are posted

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    in 2007 when everyone wanted to get the Camaro Bumlbbee mold, I was at Zellers they got the whole 3rd wave, then there was a kid there and he wanted it as well, I let the kid have it (I already bought Wreckage early that day). Let's just say it wasn't till the end of summer till i had a Camaro BB in hand.

13. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    :useless 

14. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

I'd get in trouble.

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I won a copy of Wall-e at a movie theater from one of those DVD game machines, but two copies came out. So my girlfriend and I found the first random couple we saw with a kid and gave it to them. They were floored because it was the same week it first came out on DVD, but they were very thankful.

16. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Had some coupon at TrU for 25% off (e-mail rewards, or something like that). While in the toy aisles, I overheard a father and little son talking about some Star Wars toy the kid really wanted. The father picked it up, noticed the price and told the boy it was a little too much. I could hear that he was actually upset, and really wanted to get it for the kid but couldn't afford it.
    So, I dug into my pocket and found a $10 gift card I happened to have and the coupon, and casually handed them to the guy, smiled and said I thought he could put them to better use. Before he could say anything, I walked away.
    As I was leaving the parking lot, I saw the father and son come out. The boy was carrying the toy, and the father looked happy.

17. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On the reverse side- I took my 8-year old daughter to a family fun center where you get tickets from games, get a receipt for the tickets won, and redeem them for cheap prizes. At the register, we were behind some college guys. They got a few things, looked at my daughter and handed her their receipt, telling the clerk that she could have it. She was thrilled, and we thanked them kindly.
    There were around 1000 tickets on the receipt, so the kiddo was all kinds of happy.

18. sh002

sh002 Banned

pm me a pic stilettoheels. that would be a random act of kindness.

19. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Some of you guys really must not have discovered all of the "wonders" of the internet yet.

20. sh002

sh002 Banned

i have. i was just joking.