Ran across my first cheaters tonight

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I wasn't sure what was going on at first. All I knew is that all the guys on the other team that had level 25 on everything were cleaning house. Every time I'd encounter one of them, they were moving extremely fast. A lot faster than I can move. Plus, they'd one-hit kill me every time. After talking to my friend, I found out that in these online shooter games, there are people who have modified systems and have a feature called a "lag switch". On their end, it makes everyone else appear to be moving in slow motion, while making them look to be going super fast on our end. After he described it to me, I knew that was exactly what was happening. This was after I had already dropped out of the match out of frustration by how one sided things were going. Will do so again anytime I get in a match where that is what appears to be happening.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    Yup, this is why playing anything online sucks.

Kids love to Hack, cheat and do whatever it take to get a laugh with their friends. Even If they get banned they usually have about 100 or so other accounts they've stolen off other players to use as back-up.

For every game created, there's 100's of ways to hack it or create a program to get inside it and meddle. Kids get a hold of these said programs, then they are like kids in a candy store. some are innocent just looking for a super fast way to lvl up gain monies and such, some do it for shits and giggles, while others are just out to mess up everybody's fun not caring who get's hurt or upset in the process by trolling, hacking peoples stuff or spamming them to death, spam bombs are lame, then you hear the constant insults and such. It's enough to make me wanna do something really bad to get even. But then I remember they are just snotty punk kids doing what they do best....pressing buttons for kicks

It's a bunch of bull, but....what can ya do? This is why I am not a gamer. I'm too much a hothead and would probably find a way to hunt these scumbags down. XD

Meh, sorry for the rambling on and on.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

If it was a lag switch you wouldn't even see them move. It's not like they're Neo inside the Matrix. The game will go super janky and when it stops being a stuttery, janky-assed mess you will be dead. It doesn't make you go slow while they go fast, it just fucks up the game for everyone but the host. You're either super-exaggerating or the cheaters figured out a way to actually hack the game itself to make it happen.

4. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Well-Known Member

Agreed. If everything went super slow for them, and you were moving at normal pace, they'd just get killed because they would get the data much slower than you do. It's only when everyone lags up, and everyone gets a slow data feed, that the lagswitch will actually benefit the person who used it. I'm not saying they weren't cheating, but if you didn't freeze up it's not a lagswitch.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Yeah, this doesn't sound like a lagswitch. There is a Scout ability called Leg Servos that makes you run faster though, it's entirely possible that they were just using the glitch that lets you install abilities on any class.

6. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Well, there were times it seemed I was just jumping around on the map. At one point I was running down an aisle when all of a sudden I was on the edge of the platform and falling to my death.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    If you were both playing at the same time..and they were moving really fast on your screen..but on their screen you were moving really slow..does that mean they're in some sort of time bubble where time goes much slower? :lol 

Not saying there isn't any cheating but let's just think about that statement for a moment.

8. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    That's where the jumping around the map comes in. It was the system bringing me back up to speed.

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This happens with me nearly every time I play multiplayer. It's why I prefer escalation.

10. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I think people might actually be cheating somehow. A couple times this past weekend I saw a Soldier decloak and kill me with Whirlwind. Like, I saw the ripple of a cloaked character fade into a Soldier, who started whirling about, hammer drawn.

11. SolCross

SolCross Active Member

Yeah I've seen quite a bit of glitches like Scientists using Cloak and stuff, but what I find most funny is that a lot of the people that go out of their way to do it (instead of an accident; I've had a tank cannon in robot mode a few times) usually end up being terrible anyway so even with their edge it still won't make a difference.

12. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I'm usually too busy getting killed to notice if anyone is cheating. I only tend to think it's happening if I get killed with one hit or if I unload clip after clip from the X12 and they have constant overshield. Course, I've just discovered that with the right loadout, a scout can kill just about anything in one hit. Most of the time I just assume I lose because I suck.

13. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    What is this scout loadout you speak of? I could get a lot more kills if I could figure out how to do it with on hit. Headshots are near impossible at the speed people move around in this game. No one stands still long enough to get a good bead on the head. Despite being killed by scouts with one hit, I've never been able to do it myself.

14. prime292

prime292 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Poke 2.0 is a leader perk that makes you move faster and lets you one shot peeps. Maybe it was just that.

15. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    What is poke and how do you get it?

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

The original POKE:
    YouTube - TFA: Punch of Kill Everything

In short: it's an exploding punch that is earned through killstreaks. Not quite sure what "Poke Alpha" does, though.

17. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    So it's only through killstreaks? I really don't know much about this game. Too many "special upgrades" for killstreaks and such. I'll never get to use any of them since I can only get about 3 at most at a time.

18. Shockwavexodius

Shockwavexodius Psychologically instable

I've seen a scout drain a guy, so I stalked him for the rest of the match and melee him when he hacked!

19. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I had cloaking and mark target for the abilities and for the features, ghost and targeting chip. The trick is to go to a node where you know the enemy is and when you're cloaked and they're standing there, sneak up next to an enemy, target and melee in that order and they'll fall every time. Almost. If not (I think leaders have the most health so you might have to shoot leaders a couple times), couple shots with scatter blaster does it. This works best when the enemy is trying to capture a node because they are usually standing still of if they are moving, they're not moving very far from the node.

20. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

POKE Alpha is a Soldier upgrade, it just increases damage output during Whirlwind. POKE 2.0 (the Leader's 5-kill killstreak reward) is the "true" POKE. It's also the best killstreak in the game, because what could possibly be more awesome than pressing left and hearing Peter Cullen!Optimus Prime shout, "Punch of Kill Everything equipped!"?