Ramrider gunslinger reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by thielmj, Jan 15, 2011.

1. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Cool review!!! I look foward to getting those based of actual Targetmasters as soon as financially possible.

3. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    sweet where can i get these from

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Thanks so much for doing this, Thielmj - that was an awesome review! I'm glad you're enjoying the figs - looking forward to seeing the painted versions! :D 
    I do find it amusing that of all of them, you've given Salvo to Scourge instead of Dustup! :p 

And once they're finished. :p  Dustup's the only one available so far, but Backlash, Truncheon and Mayhem are all well on the way, and I'm pretty sure more will be following them!

He's put a link to my Shapeways store in the comments of the YT vid, but if you can't be bothered going that far, you can just click the picture in my sig! :D 

5. thielmj

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i felt like i could do more with the white that salvo was printed in, i dont care about g1 acuracy here just what looks cool

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Fair enough; I just meant that Dustup was actually designed to go with Scourge (hence the passing resemblance to Fracas and included clip peg). ;) 
    But that's the beauty of toys in general - the original intent is irrelevant; once you own them, they can be whoever you like! :D 

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    These look awesome, and I hope I can get some of these in the near future.

Kat in the review = awesome :) 

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks good, really like the dustop one, and vantage is nice, just don't know who to put him with

9. thielmj

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just an update i finished "painting" my set, i just did a quick decopaint marker color to them, and i'll have an updated video with colored versions probably with a contest to win a customized gunslinger to match a TF of the winners choice

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Wow, that sounds fantastic! :D 
    Looking forward to seeing how they came out. Actually, I've never really considered using pens (even paint pens) to colour them; I wouldn't have expected them to cover properly given the texture of the plastic. But then I guess its absorbency may help to counter that...

11. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well you know ther was kinda that thing in that comic where perceptor had a sniper rifle :D 

12. thielmj

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    added custom painted pics

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

The figures look great, sir... love the contest idea, too! :D 
    I'm surprised you're having quite that much trouble with Vantage's neck hinge; mine's not that bad. I'd suggest the old superglue/nail polish trick again; I've found if used judiciously, it works just as well on those hinges as on ball joints. If you want to take it a little further, Deadsled has also said that he plans to try running a pin through those hinges to improve their staying power.
    Hope that helps. :) 

Perceptor is indeed an option; I've also seen people mentioning getting one for Kup and Blurr (though I'm also working on Gunslingers specifically for them.. ;) ).

Another possibility (suggested by Caretaker27 in Vantage's original thread) is Roadbuster. Vantage may be equipped as a sniper weapon, but at his core, he's really an assault rifle (as Thielmj noted in the first video), so I can quite easily RB flipping him onto full auto and letting rip. ;)  Actually, I may well get another Vantage for myself, probably painted in dark green and light brown (a bit like G60Force's digibash) for exactly that purpose - but I'll probably wait till I can think of and obtain a suitable fig to turn into Roadbuster first...

Of course, he's pretty much suitable for any character (existing or self-created) you see as fitting either an assault rifle or a sniper rifle, since he can fit both roles. :) 

Personally, I've currently got him with Bluestreak. 'Bout time their gunner had a decent gun.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  14. kate

kate Banned

thanks for the video review