Rampage's color crisis - thoughts! **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Apr 21, 2009.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Ok, in the leaked footage we see Rampage getting kicked in the chest by Bumblebee, but... he's RED not YELLOW like the toy!

Reasons we know that he's Rampage:
    1. He has the same face as the toy.
    2. He has his whip weapons like the toy.
    3. He has the pistons comming from his shoulder, like the toy.

SO WHY IS HE RED?!?!?!? This is gonna cause major problems for all the toys because it looks like a last minute change by Bay.

My theories:
    • The red CGI on the footage of Rampage is part of Bay's misinformtion campaign
    • It was a last minute change, and the toys need to be remade.

I haven't quite decided on which theory sounds right to me, but I also noticed that Rampage on Devastator (left leg/foot) is YELLOW. So, I don't know what to think. DISCUSS!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Um, you DO realize that from the four Constructicons we've seen, their heads almost all look exactly like TF1's Bonecrusher, right? Plus, he may not be the only Constructicon with whip weapons, as we have yet to see the arms of Devestator in individual toy form.

If anything, your information actually may lend itself to the idea of the 7th unknown constructicon, who is rumored to be a red articulated dump truck. I still need to see the leaked footage, though.

3. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Ehhh, it was unfinished footage, dont take it so personally.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    ok, but:
    -neither of Devs arms are red
    -the 7th Constructicon is rumored
    -I compared the toy to the CGI and:
    -the pistons match locations to toy and image
    -the whips are held/dispensed out of the hands the same way as the toy
    -the hands are an exact match to the toy (the gear holds the whips and the number of fingers are the same)

So, this is Rampage!

5. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

I think they just made him red for that scene with bumble bee soo people wouldnt get confused as they saw a whole lot of yellow clashing togeather.

Real movie will be fixed and he will stay yellow.

6. m1tsu

m1tsu Well-Known Member

Since when has the 7th constructicon been a 'rumor'? The first leaked CGI picture of Devastator SHOWS 7 constructicons. From the looks of Devastator, I don't think one constructicon can be the whole torso/back/stomach area. Though there is a rumor of the crane not being an actual transforming constructicon, I say it would still count as a constructicon considering it's a whole limb on its own.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

That was early concept art, more recent pictures show Devs with only six robots. And that crane is Hightower, who does indeed have a robot mode, just no one's seen it yet.

8. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    The footage is UNfinished they still may change his colour, this footage may have been before they knew the toy was yellow.

Or they may have changed it to red because the autobot attacking his is Bumblebee so the two can't be yellow or it would be confusing.

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Those aren't whips they are tentacles~!

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We DO have listings for a upcoming redbulldozer.

Which goes back to theory that we'll have differently colored constructicons to fill in ranks for the big fight.

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    It's not Rampage. For one he's barely bigger then Bumblebee, while the left leg of Devastator is ENORMOUS.

12. m1tsu

m1tsu Well-Known Member

That was not early concept art, it was an actual CGI image of Devastator in which looks exactly the same as the Devastator in the new footage. Unless you actually have new pictures with Devastator showing each individual robot besides the one that was released in February, I don't think there's any more proof than that. If you're talking about that toys, that's a whole different story because the toy line is completely different from the movie and is noted to have one less bot.

13. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

What if Rampage doesn't become a part of Devs and is just a seperate con that happens to be a construction vehicle? just a thought

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that there are either two bots that look like Rampage, but the one is red, and Rampage himself is the yellow one, or that particular little clip of him wasn't finished, and they had him colored red for the time being, and he'll be yellow for the final version. Anyways, when you see Devs walking, you can see that Rampage (his left leg) is yellow. Another possibility, imo, is that he changes color at some point.

He's already been confirmed to be Devastator's left leg.

15. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

I think that it is indeed rampage (Bulldozer) but I think that it was just unfinished CGI, they might have just colored his face red so that the animators could more easily work on the scene, that is my guess, I don't think that there is a 7th constructicon, I think that that is either mis imformation, and there is a con that they just wanted to throw in for the toy line i.e., knock out.

16. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

To toss more fuel in the fire, the red con in the showest footage, his face doesn't look exactly like rampage's, if you compare with rampage's package art.

17. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It looks a lot like him, but but there are some differences between him and the toy. The body is too long, and it doesn't look like he has 4 legs. His plow is on his back, where on the toy its more his butt because it becomes his back legs. He also looks pretty small compared to the other constructicons. Id say that the red bulldozer listing is for a different character/toy. He could be one of the cannon fodder characters that were mentioned somewhere.

18. Spyro

Spyro Banned

My guess is that this is Overload.

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    unfinished CGI, and Devastator's leg is yellow.

i personally think its either an error or a different robot entirely-and he may be a different bot because he seems too small to be a bulldozer that becomes Devi's leg.

20. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Actually its 2-3 times bigger then BB, perhaps not double the height, but size yes. Plus you dont get to see exactly how tall it is. Its arms are easily the same size of BB. A bulldozer isnt really that big, mostly hollow, tracks are the biggest part, so i'd say its well within proportion considering the cons seem to expand into alt modes and the bots seem to shrink into alt modes.

The only unfinished part of that trailer seemed to be devs, so im gona guess and say they are going to make the left leg red rather then make rampage yellow. Which is likey why there is a new listing for a red bulldozer... bay chaged his mind.