Digibash: Rampage Repaint Ideas

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all, just three simple digibashes of some of my ideas. The first one is "Skipjack", aka the red Rampage seen fighting Bumblebee in RotF (this has already been seen as a listing by the name of "red bulldozer"), the second is "Bonecrusher", basically just Rampage in G1 colors, and the third is "Wedge", a RID homage in color scheme, but I kept him as a Decepticon, though for a more accurate homage he would be an Autobot. Thanks for looking, and for any comments.

Skipjack:
    [​IMG]

Bonecrusher:
    [​IMG]

Wedge:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

I like skipjack and wedge, but the constructicon colors you used are way to bright for a movie figure.

3. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I think a lighter, less glaring green and a darker purple would look better.

Something like the paint on the G1 Constructicon toys:
    [​IMG]

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I like these, and I'd echo what others have already said about the G1ish color scheme.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comments, and looking at Bonecrusher again, I agree, the green and purple could use some work (I did do it kind of quickly). Some color adjustments shouldn't take all that long, so I should have a second version up in the next couple of minutes or so. Going to take a look at the G1 themed Mixmaster repaint, as, if they do repaint Rampage in G1 colors, he'll most likely have similar shades of green and purple to that of Mixmaster's repaint.

Edit: Here we go:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Nice! I'd buy 'em. Though I think the Wedge version could be made a bit more interesting somehow. It's a solid homage as-is, but maybe a tad too similar to the original yellow release. Some highlight colors (maybe two distint tones of orange?), a new head and a faction-swap to an Autobot version (like you mentioned) would do wonders, I think. Since Hasbro has been really good in the ROTF line with giving their repaints new head molds (Dead End, Swerve, Thrust) a new "Autobot version" of this guy's head is not completely out of the question. Of course, then you gotta do a yellow "Heavy Load" version of Long Haul, and a green "Grimlock" version of Demolisher to go with him. :) 

One nice thing about having different versions of this particular mold is that you could keep one in centaur-crab mode and one in jackhammer mode, to vary them up a bit.

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I hope the Skipjack that's released looks as good as your digibash :thumb 

8. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

If that Skipjack is as good as he looks on your digibash, I'll get him.

Oh, and, thank you for redoing the G1-homage: the purple on the original was the most neon colour ever.

9. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

Damn nice man!