Heavy/Scratch: Rampage - most vicious couch potato you'll ever meet!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TheDevastator, May 3, 2008.

1. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

I think Rampage was the most fun and easier Predacon to customize. Everything seemed to just fall into place.

Heads: I installed a Mini-con balljoint for the robot mode neck and I bulked up the back of the head using epoxy and random plastic bits so it wouldn’t look so skinny. The beast mode head uses the same Mini-con joint as Tantrum and Heastrong. Now he can look from side-to-side.

Arms: The shoulder joints are a combination of Rampage’s original shoulder joints and Mini-con balljoints. The elbows and most of the forearms come from Alternators Ricochet. I was originally going to use his hands as well, but the folding joint on Alt Skids’ hands were perfect in allowing the arms to fold up to almost the same proportions as the original arms in beast mode.

Legs: For the thighs I used the hips from Alternators Skids. After cutting notches in the crotch I slid the hips in place and filled in the holes. I connected hips to thighs by cutting away the top part of Rampage’s old legs. That left a small notch in the tops of the screw wells on the top of the legs that allowed the hips to slide into place. I then filled in the holes to prevent the legs from coming apart. The beast mode legs were made super-poseable by Mini-con balljoints and the claws were reproduced from the hind feet of Cybertron Snarl.

Attached Files:

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Hell of an improvement.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

One of the best looking upgrades! I love it!

zmog

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    heck, just the ability to move the animal heads is awesome. hehehe

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Rampage always seemed like the Pred that got the least amount of love; I'm glad to see this custom was made so well. :thumb 

6. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Geez, as much work done to improve the robot modes, seems you never had to compromise the alt mode at all and went the extra mile...
    I have an extra room here if you want to move in!!

7. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Aw man, I never realized I never thanked any of you guys for your compliments! Thanks guys for your compliments! I didn't have to do too much to the beast mode to make it more poseable. He got some knee joints in his front legs and a neck with a joint in it. The rest was just detailing.

I went a little less cartoon-accurate with him because I didn't like how some of his bits were colored, and the lightning bolts looked silly. I also didn't like how over-stickered the toy was so I tried to find a happy median.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well I think you hit the nail on the head.

9. dak

dak <b><font color=blue>I am DAK! The customizer!</fon

News Credits:
    this is my fav of the group