Rampage/Devastator/Overload Questions *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by YasuragiXIII, May 26, 2009.

1. YasuragiXIII

YasuragiXIII New Member

Question #1: Is Rampage truly part of Devastator?
    In the Movie Adapted Comic, a robot looking identical to Rampage is shown being torn limb from limb by Bumblebee, while Devastator is active elsewhere. Also, the Movie Adapted Novel describes said robot in a manner consistent with Rampage. So are they two separate 'bots? Does Rampage have a twin?

Question #2: Is Overload truly part of Devastator?
    In the Movie Adapted Novel, an unnamed Constructicon is depicted being torn apart for scrap to help rebuild Megatron at the bottom of the sea. Could this be Overload, which would explain why he's not featured in the toy?

Please discuss amongst yourselves, and I'm honored to be here.

2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards! I agree with you regarding Rampage, but I am nearly certain that Overload is a part of Devastator. The legends class toy depicts him as forming the back. I guess to cut costs, Hasbro decided he was unneeded in the Supreme edition.

3. knightkitt

knightkitt king of headshots.

welcome to the boards, buddy

4. YasuragiXIII

YasuragiXIII New Member

Hmmm... I personally think that perhaps Overload may have been included prior to a change in the script. But time will tell.

5. Starkenator

Starkenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overload is almost definitely a part of Devastator in the movie. In the novel adaptation it specifically states that 7 Constructicons form Devastator. Also Overload is listed on Paramounts official list of Transformers that will appear in the movie. The Constructicon torn apart to rebuild Megatron was never mentioned by name in the book.

Fairly sure the robot BB is fighting is different from Rampage as Rampage is tied up in Devastator like you said.

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are 2 Rampages, one that is part of Devastator and the red one who isn't, just like there are 2 excavator bots (Demolishor AND Scavenger).

7. YasuragiXIII

YasuragiXIII New Member

You're right, I forgot about the count being mentioned in the novel. Hmmm...

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Welcome!
    Yes, to Overload/Rampage. But There seems to be another Rampage look-alike, the red bot fighting BB.

9. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    Well, I was just looking at the Movie Coloring Book at Target, and it show IT'S list of Constructicons:Overload, LongHaul, Mixmaster, Rampage, Scrapper, and Hightower.

No Demolisher, so now I'm REALLY confused.

10. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I think the Bumblebee vs Rampage scene happens before they combine into Devastator. So it's like the Constructicons are getting their asses whooped and as a final decision they combine into Devastator. Overload was not seen when Devastator is assembling in one of the TV spots.

11. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

Im thinking the same why on earth would bay put 4 identicle bots in the movie. I bet the fight with BB is B4 devy comes alive.
    Im starting to wonder if the constructicons may have some link to the fallen where when he comes alive some of the constructicons are damaged so he gives them the abilty to become devy and then he can use devy to rip the pyramid off the sun harvester.

maybe rampage demoliser get really badly damaged untill they become a part of devy

12. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Yeah cause if you look at Devastator he looks pretty banged up on the outside (His right leg-Rampage and his head-Mixmaster)