Ramming

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Bovril, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Frans42000

Frans42000 Well-Known Member

I'll have to experiment, but I tend to agree that unless the ram is fatal, your forward motion will be stopped.

Try to remember that you can shoot rockets while ramming.

Go for glancing hits if you can. I have had non fatal hits that did not stop my trucks movement.

2. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

earlier waves everything can get hit by one melee and less than 20 bullets. If a ram can't kill it Idk why I would use it for offense

3. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I play alot of Conquest and I find it pretty useful. I don't use the Roll Out to boost it, but what I do is defend the node... if I die, and their dudes are there taking it over, on the respawn I can plow right over them knowing they're all pretty softened up from taking me out in the first place. It's not 100% foolproof, but I've used it more successfully than not. 1 on 1 it's tricky, but if you see a cluster of enemies all in one spot, at least one of them isn't paying attention to the oncoming truck of doom. Go for it :) 

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Well I got the achievement in the decepticon campaign the first time I used Soundwave. I also managed to get the xp for ramming in multiplayer. It's really hard to manoeuvre but it's good IMO.

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Again, no matter what wave you're on, machine gunners are STRONGER then normal soldiers. Ram won't kill them, whirlwind won't kill them. You need to wither them down first.

Just because the normal soldiers in the early waves can be killed in one melee hit doesn't mean EVERYTHING can...

6. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

:banghead: 

i'll reword what I said.

I wanted to ram a Machine Gunner on the first set of waves 1-5
    (machine gunner being a one hit melee in that time period)
    last time I did it the ram did nothing. I could be wrong.
    I know ram could probably kill other things (spiders,Cloaks,etc)

But in my opinon machine gunners are probably the weakest enemies you can face in escalation. that's why I don't like to use ram offensively.

and I know for a FACT ram wont help you on waves 15+

Soundwave no have warcry in escalation :cry 

7. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Now when you say machine gunners are you talking about the guys using the turrect chain guns or the normal soldiers that use the assult gun. I could be mixing those up and misunderstanding you.

8. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Ram is also useful purely as a speed boost. Also, if you see a pack of enemies crowded together, hitting the ram button and steering through them gives you a good chance of dealing serious damage, just make sure your teammates are there to back you up.