Ramjet

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Godzilla2, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

So he'll be making his first apperance in the New Avengers/Transformers crossover in the next issuE?

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Possibly. But more than likely it's a new character to the IDW universe that makes his debut in the New Avengers/Transformers #2 and then next appears in the Ramjet Spotlight.

3. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

So its not the conehead seeker from G1, huh?

4. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Looks to be that character. Not sure why people are thinking it's going to be a different Ramjet.

5. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Wait a second it can be a diofferent character from Ramjet? They said that the Decepticon will make his debut in the next issue of the crossover! It has to be Ramjet!

6. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wish they would do a spotlight on Thundercracker. I dont think im the only one who would enjoy seeing his doubts about the cons cause being delved into finally.

7. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    ^Officially, at any rate. You could build a wall if you printed out all the T-Cracker fanfic from over the years.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't know why everyone insists on thinking that the Transformers\Avengers crossover is going to be in IDW's continuity.

Do you really think that in Devastation, Optimus Prime is going to go "Remember, Spider-man showed us that..."
    Did the Teen Titans\X-men crossover effect either book?
    Did Batman\Spawn? What about Superman\Spider-man?

9. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    It is in in the IDW Continuity. That's why people think it is. It doesn't have to be canon to be continuity. Ryall has stated several times, over at the IDW boards and possibly here, that they go together.

They might never mention it, it might not affect either book, but it happened.

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I got the issue today. I like Ramjet's pre-earth mode with the no-conehead, as well as Megatron's being instantly suspicious of him. You only see his upper body and no alt-mode though.

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Sorry to be such a pest, but I've been all over those boards and never saw him mention it.
    I think it would be a disaster for the book to be in continuity. I hope they go the "never mention it" route.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

And have him defesct to the Autobots, to die then an heroic death protecting someone.

A sort of flashback. Have the comic start with him surrounded by Autobots ( an homage to Dinobot in "Code of Hero") and then tell the story in a flashback manner.

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Having the book right here, I don't see a disaster looming. I don't want to get into spoilers but this seems fine as far as IDW continuity. Being Ramjet's first appearance though, it can be ignored only as much as Megatron's pre-G2 run in G.I. Joe can.

Then again, I couldn't care less what it does for the Gordian Knot on Marvel's end.

14. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    I think what's confusing everyone is that they mentioned that this story arc takes place between the first two story arcs of New Avengers (Breakout and Sentry - before Civil War) and after the events of the first two Transformers arcs (Infiltration and Escalation).

I originally thought it was inline with both universes as well because of their specific mentioning to when it occurs but after re-reading the news post on Newsarama

I don't think it is.

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't know why this is such a sore spot for me.
    I guess its just that such crossovers are normally outside of continuity.
    But more than that its that I think IDW has crafted a great continuity here and the human perspective has been portrayed quite well.
    Why would Hunter be persecuted for believing in aliens if he lived on a world that had seen both Galactus and the Kree-Skrull war?

Either way, its just a comic book so I should get over myself.

Are you kidding? Based on Marvel's main line of books I think they purposefully try to wreck past continuity. :) 

16. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I took this book to be in the IDW Transformers universe, but not in continuity with the main ongoing storyline. A "What if" sort of story. Ya dig?