Minor/Repaint: Ramhorn

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Jun 21, 2009.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Ah. I'm back in the Radicons. To begin with, I decided to repaint Cybertron Backstop into Ramhorn. Really, nothing more than just painting Backstop with acrylic Modelmasters Insignia Red.

One thing I'll say, I'm not too crazy about Backstop's robot mode. Given that he's Ramhorn now, I'll probably mostly keep him in Beast mode. But at least, the shovel hand is good for flipping 'Cons off. :D 

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      43.9 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      51.9 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      62.4 KB
      Views:
  2. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    gives off more of a predacon feel than ramhorn. still nice, though. i know it's hard taking the cassette-formers and making customs based on them since most have 2-3 colors. i probably would've given the figure a completely new color scheme, but the red on red looks good

3. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I suppose it is a bit forced for Ramhorn but then, aside from the actual Ramhorn toy the options are limited. Thanks for looking.

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

IMO he kinda looks like Predacon Headstrong because of the red, black, and yellow. But still very nice work.

5. lastsonofzod

lastsonofzod Kneel before Zod!

Ebay:
    Well......Ramhorn is Red and Yellow. The only difference between the two, is that Headstrong would have a yellow main body. Well that, and the fact that one is a predacon.

I like it :)  On;y suggestion I'd make, would be maybe to give him some scordching or something. Sort of darken his color scheme a bit.

6. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice work. I have a soft spot for that mold. My only minor crit is that you should paint the horn and his face. They sort stick out as unpainted original parts as is.

7. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i understand the difficulty getting a good color layout for the cassette guys. i recently did garboil and howlback, and howlback was tough. garboil was easier because i looked at the botcon lazerbeak and buzzsaw and did the colors in a similar layout