Minor/Repaint: RAM

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by optimusawesome, May 1, 2008.

1. optimusawesome

optimusawesome Well-Known Member

With the 25 aniversery of GI Joe and transformers alike, I decided to combine the two. I found that the Movie Arcee is almost just the right size for one of the 25th aniversery figures. So I got to thinking that she would make a good RAM (Rapid fire Attack Motorcycle). Here is a digi bash of what she might look like. I am planning a new head sculpt for the bot mode. Crossovers.... Who would have thought it would happen. More pics to come as I flesh it out into reality.

UPDATE:

Vulcan cannon is taking shape. I have swapped heads with a Longarm head. I think it will work better than the RC Head. A few more details and it's ready to paint.

More WIP pics added.

Attached Files:

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Dude, that was the first GI Joe toy I got as a kid! (along with the old GI Joe Short Fuse & the Vamp Jeep) I think this will turn out great and I look forward to seeing more updates and the completed project.

3. optimusawesome

Well the RAM was my first GI Joe vehicle also. (the first figure was good old straight arm Flash) So when I picked up the new Flash figure, it started something else to collect in my adult hood. (or is it my second childhood?) I'm trying to get other Ideas for GI Joe-formers and oddly enough the VAMP was one I thought about useing an Alternators Rollbar of Hound. I'm not that good though so I'm gonna let someone else do that. Hint Hint !!! Anyway, I am finishing the Side car tonight and will paint it as soon as I can get some Flat olive drab paint. I am leaning tward a head swap with movie longarm for the mold. thats it for now though.

4. optimusawesome

UPDATE:

Vulcan cannon is taking shape. I have swapped heads with a Longarm head. I think it will work better than the RC Head. A few more details and it's ready to paint. 2 WIP pics added

5. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That is going to rock. to bad the legs look so girly.

6. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

thats the same issue i am having with mine girly legs.i have not figured how to over come that either

btw the military green looks awsome on the motorcycle way to go, going out side the box. :thumb 

7. BaronV

BaronV MonsterOfTheWeek.com

Cool idea, can't wait to see it come to completion.

8. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Very cool idea.

9. optimusawesome

Updated WIP pics being added right now. Hopefully you like what you all see so far. I did this because of it's sentimental value to me. As stated before the RAM and Flash were my first GI Joe toys. Just like Sideswipe will always have a soft spot in my heart. I have not named this bot yet but it is going to have to be female. I plan a name and back story soon. Thanks for the comments so far. I think this is gonna be my favorite custom I have done so far.

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    This thing is shaping up quite nicely IMO. I just saw Lady Jaye in the store the other day and this makes me think that the two would go well together, being that they're both female.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Looks awesome. And yes, I remember having this vehicle as a kid too. Well, maybe it was my brother's but still.

12. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, that looks great! :thumb 

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

The RAM was MY first GIJOE vehicle too! :) 

I love this idea. Not sure what to do about the girly legs, but I think I've seen someone mod this figure in the past with bigger feet, and that goes a long way towards offsetting the "girliness".

I have 2 suggestions... feel free to take or leave them. :) 

The RAM came with cargo "saddlebags". Perhaps something like that added to the rear of the bike could give the arms a more robust shape in robot mode.

Also, a larger front windshield/headlight area would give a more armoured and military look. That all ends up on the back of the robot, so it probably wouldn't interfere with the transformation much. Perhaps if the front parts could split in two on little ball-jointed arms, the robot mode could get some hip armour out of it, which could cover the girly legs a bit...

...or magnify them I suppose, since it might look like a skirt! LOL!

Great idea overall! Looks awesome in the olive drab... and it really doesn't matter if you have girly legs when you're carrying a giant gatling cannon around on one arm! :D 

zmog

EDIT: Also if you fold the tires down over the shoulders, it will make the torso look more rugged. That mold has a tiny upper body, so it's tough to make it look "macho".

14. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hey, I like this. That head fits that body really well surprisingly enough.

15. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

That's COOL!

16. optimusawesome

Thank you all for the support. I am planning on use of the "saddle bags" Although instead of them being used as armor I will have the one on the side of the cannon be an Ammo box. About 10 years back I picked up some of the KO 12" GI Joe wepons sets. I happen to have 2 ammo boxes that I can use for the bags and a strip of ammo I could moc up to look like it's feeding from the bag. The other ammo box will be used for storeage (for wepons, helmets, etc.) I am also going to sculpt a new armored nose for the bike that looks more like the origional RAM.

I have other Ideas as well that fit into this crossover as well if anyone more experienced wants to try them.

1. Landmine - sky hawk
    2. scratch built Wreckage (gi joe sacle) APC
    3. Brawl- armadillo
    4. Movie wratchet- VAMP?( lots of modding)

17. Gutbreaker

Gutbreaker Active Member

very nice. as a GIJoe fan, its a wonderful sight.