3D Artwork: Rainmakers & warmongers

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by elgoodo, May 9, 2009.

1. elgoodo

elgoodo Well-Known Member

I decided to give the Rainmaker team a personality/character upgrade. I envisioned this triad as a special toxic warfare team, hence the wierd "gas-masks" and modified arm canons, making them stand out more on their own.

I wasn't a fan of the name "Acid Storm" simply cuz we already had a "Sunstorm". didn't sound too original, so I tweaked his name and came up with "Acid Reign". As for his two mates, Introducing "Solar Strike" & "Gas Panic". Solar Strike is actually a character invented by Joe Toscano from Custom Masters, complete with his own bio which you can check out here, http://custommasters.com/Solarstrike.htm. So props to him for that. Gas Panic is my own doing, oddly enough he reminds me of a Cobra Range Viper (THAT was purely coincidental, as was their masks sorta being similar to the Beast Wars Predacon insignia). Anyway, I think he caps off the trio quite nicely. Oh and I intentionally kept their tacky almost neon, monocolor theme....again, I think it gives their team some more personality as well as properly reflects their speciality. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The idea for the "Warmongers" first started as a trio of "military themed" seekers by Joe Toscano of Custom Masters. I liked his idea so much that I decided to push it a step further. I envisioned this team as the Decepticon answer to the Autobot Wreckers, a bunch of seekers who are experts at well....war. A single minded unit that is all business and knows how to get the job done. No questions, no hesitations, no monkey business. They just come in, blast away everything in site and move on to the next target. Anyway, Apache, Dunehopper & Osprey are all Custom Master originals while Dragonfly is my idea.

I fully intend to add to their ranks in the near future, although the other members probably won't be seekers, just to add to the variety. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can check out more renders at my website www.iaconcity.com

Attached Files:

2. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    I like the gas masks on the Rainmakers. You really put in alot of great details on these. Nice work!

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    woo!

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Rainmakers look great, and I love the dark green Warmonger. It's nice to see the yellow Rainmaker get some loving, because so many people mis-take Sunstorm as his character.

5. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Those Warmongers look incredible! I would have really liked some more variation to the wings, like the second group of Seekers had.

6. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

This. Makes them look real sinister, and gives the sort of vibe that these guys really enjoy their job. Excellent work yet again, and I look forward to seeing how the Warmongers' line-up evolves! :thumb 

7. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

Holy coolness, I really like it.

8. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Please update your thread with all attached images. Thanks!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-general-discussion/201930-frequently-asked-questions.html

3. How do I attach images, and get them to show up in my thread?

A) It's never been easier to post images than it is now! All you do now is when you post your thread, below the main text editing box you'll see a large button titled "manage attachments" simply click on that and upload your desired images. After you have uploaded them, click the button to close the pop-up window and return to your text editor. You'll now see all of your attached images listed below the main text box. Simply right-click each item (they're all a link) and select "copy link location" if you're using Firefox, and then in your text editor, go to the location you wish to have the attached image show up full-sized, and then use the traditional IMG button at the top of the editor and paste in the link. That's it! I hope this encourages everyone to attach more images to their threads. More images show your work off better, giving you more appreciation! And just FYI, the reason why we use this system, is so that we don’t have to deal with dead threads, which helps make us an even larger and more useful resource for customizers. Also, Radicons can now attach up to TWENTY images to their threads instead of ten!