Raiden giftset for sale

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by opt1musaber, Jan 26, 2011.

1. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
  2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Pretty good price? I hope your kidding.

3. ANONYMOUS

ANONYMOUS Well-Known Member

I don't know. The box is beat and faded and its missing the connectors and all the handguns. Some of the trains look like they have some wear. I think that price is definitely on the high side. You would have to really want a Raiden bad to pay that much for one in that condition. I would think somewhere around $450 would be more in line.

4. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Well he ain't as common as other combiners and it is ebay so a raiden boxed no matter what condition for less than a grand is pretty good imo. I'm pretty sure there have been raiden sets selling close to the 2k mark, even if those were mint this is about half of that so it seems about right. Only by chance and pure luck will you find a seller that will be willing to sell this set far below what it CAN sell for. Tell me what you would spend on this set and what would you spend on a mint unused set?

ye it is a bit beat up but it is a very hard giftset to get so it'll always be high. I think the days of those prices for this guy is long gone. More likely 450 for a loose one.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rare or not, that Raiden is junk! Nobody is going to spend that much on a figure in such poor condition. You'll be seeing him along side that individually boxed Dinoking for a long time on ebay

6. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    ^ lol, the figures look ok but the box is a beat up. I don't know if you would say junk at least they aren't yellowed and stickers seem to be in ok condition. You never know someone who really wants a raiden might get him or negotiate for a lesser price afterall it is ebay.

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah man, someone that REALLY wants Raiden wouldn't settle for something that overpriced.

Besides, buying Japanese figures missing accessories is a big no no! The parts rarely show up and when they do, it goes for ridiculous amounts of money:2c: 

8. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    You mean the train connectors? They're on ebay for 30 USD for 1 piece I think.

9. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    That auction is also missing all the individual guns. There is yellowing on a couple figures, not much but it is there. I definately would not pay anywhere near that kind of money for those figures. It could still be worth $400-500 because of the rarity of the figures and it does look like it's got all the parts to make Raiden but with that box and those figures, not $900 worthy, imo.

10. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    My sentiments exactly. :lol 

I've seen MIB complete ones at lower pricing.

Agree & disagree.

While I agree with your saying that someone desperate enough MIGHT bite the bait, I also disagree that they will likely pay USD $900 for something in this condition.

I'll be laughing all the way to the bank when majority of the people will pay that kind of dough for the said auction.

And I'll quit my day job & just concentrate on making good $$$ from then on since I'll be getting rich faster that way. :popcorn 

11. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Looks like it's time to start buying and reselling jpn g1 figures again. If people thing this is in good condition they are crazy.

12. opt1musaber

News Credits:

When and where, I would like to know. Complete Raiden MIB for less than 900 on ebay? Am I missing something not that long ago they were/are selling for high prices (1k+) and now they seem to be at prices which sound very attainable.

13. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Your standards are not the same to others, so that isn't a valid statement. I have seen heavy yellowed figures being bought so these CAN be considered to be in good condition to others, maybe not to you. A yellowed liokaiser set with 2 figures yellowed sold for over 1k so...

14. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    You can't say anything about my standards because you think $800 for an incomplete raiden in a shit box with busted foam insert is a good deal.

15. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    You are obvioulsy saying it's not good, but to others it might be fine. You can't speak for everyone.

16. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    If you have any brains you wouldn't drop that much cash on an incomplete beat up item. Like I said earlier it's time to start hording all of the incomplete jpn g1 toys on yahoojp because people like you will think it is fine to spend piles of cash on incomplete beatup items.

17. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Who are these people that think its good? Not people collecting high end expensive figures visiting this thread, and there are quite a few well known collectors in here. Is this your auction, I figure yes since you are defending a incomplete yellow figure with damage.

18. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Wow, I just got an orgasm from those d@mn Shadow Scyther threads & its deja vu all over here?

I need my Wifey now! :lol 

I believed I've shared with you previously that we've come across at least 7-8 C-131 Raiden giftsets just in 2010 alone. :rip 

19. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    lol no it aint my item. You guys are both idiots to think that every single collector is just like you. How many times have people spent so much money on absolute junk. Did you see that auction for just weapons and parts, it sold for fuckin $900. It was a thread on this site and there was absolutely nothing rare in there at all.... Gimme a break

20. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    It's funny cause I have a raiden giftset way better condition than this one with more stuff and bots in better condition for half that price. And people were still not biting on the price.