Raf for RID?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by beastal, Mar 22, 2015.

1. beastal

beastal Well-Known Member

Will Raf make a return in RID and reunite with Bumblebee? Perhaps he'll return grown up as a teen or young adult.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ronin4375

ronin4375 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'd like to see Raf or Jack return as well. don't really care about miko.

• Like Like x 1
  3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Raf's probably working along side Fowler in some Area 51 type facility...... or they have him on Cybertron tweaking Vector Sigma. :D 

Wouldn't mind seeing Jack tho.

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    agreed

• Like Like x 1
  5. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Actually I think this is a really good idea - bringing back some characters from TFP, I would love to see Ratchet working on Cybertron as a scientist teaching young cybertronians and Bulkhead, and also I wanna see what's Knockout doing!

6. IceMagnus

IceMagnus STARCO FTW!!!!!

News Credits:
    I wanna see Raf and Miko come back. And Fowler!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wish they'd reveal how much time has actually passed first.

I wouldn't mind seeing a grown up Raf, Jack and Miko and I want to know if Fowler and June's relationship went any further.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Rust Bucket

News Credits:
    Nope, no Raf.

Please.

9. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

It would be nice if we at least got passing references to the original human cast, like having the (former) kids' last names noted among professions they're involved in or something ("A computer security team consisting of Esquivel,..." - something like that).

And not only does it seem uncertain right now how much time has passed between series, but how much humanity publicly knew of the Bots and Cons by the time of Beast Hunters.

10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I want miko. She'd be probably grown into a hot, crazy woman :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Me too! Jack also-- all three of the kids as Unit:E agents, and a cameo by old, now-married Fowler and June.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AoE

AoE MERGE YO POSTS PEOPLE

News Credits:
    Isn't it like 20 or 30 years? I just wanna know if Ratchet stayed on Earth.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I doubt it. Ratchet got bridged back to Cybertron in Predacons Rising and since everyone starting coming back once the planet was restored, they're going to need a medical chief of staff to get everything back in order.

also Bee would have contacted Ratchet if he was on Earth.

14. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I'm certainly hoping so. Definitely would not mind seeing what Raf, or indeed all of the kids have been up to since the war ended. And it'd be nice to see a reunion between Bee and his buddy. (Or Miko's reaction to Grimlock.)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

i'm not so bothered. i like denny and rusty, hank seems cool too. i found raf kinda depressing.

16. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    I'd love to see the old human cast again! And if not all of them then we at the very least need to see Raf and Bee reunited again.

I actually had a fun thought about this. I don't believe that the bots are doing as good a job as they think staying hidden, so I like to think that grown-up Raf is working with Unit E to keep the bots out of the public/internet eye. Hopefully using singing cat gif again!

• Like Like x 1
  17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Well judging from how Cybertron looks... I highly doubt he'll only be a teenager.

When Prime ended Prime was a deserted planet. In RID Cybertron has been repopulated and Cybertronians are living their lives almost as if they never left the planet.

It would take longer than your suggesting to rebuild and repopulate the entire planet.

It would be more likely that if Raf is still alive that he would be old enough to have children of his own or possibly even grandchildren. It's also possible that he's just dead as Bumblebee seems to be making no effort to make contact with him. But if he is still alive I think it would be funny if Bumblebee made contact with a child who looks just like him not knowing that he had kid/grandkids. Basically recognizing his son/grandson as Raf and questioning why he hasn't aged.

18. Whitesky

Whitesky Well-Known Member

Are we certain that the entire planet is repopulated?

We didn't really see much of Cybertron before Bumblebee left. For all we know, the city where Bumblebee was working is currently the only inhabited city on the whole planet.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Considering all the cars we see flying by, Cybertronians we see casually walking around, I would say it's very unlikely that the entire population is limited to just that one city.

I will give this as a plus to this series. It doesn't look dead like Prime did. Not talking about just Cybertron which was suppose to be dead but also the fact that there were few humans ever seen outside of the main cast.

In Prime there were a few short scenes with Sierra and I do mean short. Like so short that they might as well have not existed as they contributed nothing to the story and didn't show us any development of either her character or Jack's apparent crush on her. At least I think that's what they were going for. There was also Vince who I guess was a bully but again he wasn't shown enough to develop his character, contribute anything to the story, or even remember his existence. I actually had to look these up because their parts were so small I didn't realize they even had names. Bryce and Vogel are probably the most memorable side characters and even their parts in the series were TINY. Vogel is also an example of how dead the series looked as he appeared to be the only inhabitant of New York City. The soldiers who were some times seen when the Autobots moved their base and MECH minions were the only unnammed humans ever seen walking around. They couldn't add any civilians anywhere, especially New York? One of the most populated cities in the world and Prime's version of it has no cars and only one person in the entire city.

RID's side characters so far seem more developed in their first appearance than any of the side characters in Prime for the entire series. There's also far more unnamed humans walking around in the city but even one person would be more than Prime had. Butch is probably the lest developed being equivalent to a Prime side character. Hank however actually has some chemistry with Russel that Jack and Sierra lacked. There were several other kids on the football field as well so it looked more real than the two kids we see going to school with the main characters in Prime. Then there's Arnold and his gang of crazy Thunderhoof worshipers. Again showing that Earth actually has a population of humans outside of the Clay family. Morten and Larry LaRue. Larry's interaction with Denny showed us pretty quickly that they had a history together and didn't like each other.

Kind of wish Prime was as good at writing human characters and world building as RID is. I think Prime was superior in every other aspect but this would of made it a much better series than it was. One of my biggest complaints about Prime was that the world felt empty.

20. RevenentPhoenix

RevenentPhoenix Decepticon DJ

I can see Ratchet being a teacher for new medic bots. I can imagine a complex similar to delphi that is bustling with new medibots of various types ready to be trained.

I can also sort of see him staying on Earth for a bit but it would not make logical sense if the movie is considered cannon to the series. I always thought he grew accustomed to Earth and the humans over time. Even though he doesn't admit it hes protective and has a soft spot, he is a medic after all.