RadioShack Starscream Real Flyer

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SamiWCP, Jun 9, 2007.

1. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

It's made of styrofoam..Which I'm told is kinda how these things are made. It's held together with basically scotch and eletrical tape. They give you 2 extra blades for the plane, and the wheels are attached by little wires about what most toys come tied down in. They give it some sticker detail, uhm, says it reaches 150' in clear view, and can fly up to 18.6mph. It can launch by either rolling on ground on a windy day, or hand held and thrown against the wind. It requires 6 AA batteries, and you need to charge it by connecting the plane to the remote thing by this little wire. It's roughly 45$. If you're a hardcore collector, go for it. If you're undecided..well, it's a bit pricey for product, but, if it actually works, this could be fun..

[​IMG]

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So. They expect us to spend $45 on a peice of styrofoam held together with ductape that kinda looks a little like a Transformer but not really?

What a cheap waste of... styrofoam.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Simple solution. If you don't want it, don't buy it. The end.

I for one, want it.

4. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God, most of the toys of that type suck so hard. Now, I have never owned one myself, but I worked at Radioshack until last month. I can't give you any actual percentage, but very many of all of our flying toys - helicopters, planes, whatever - came back as returns. Nearly all of those were returned due to not being able to fly worth a damn. And a lot of the toys of this type are in the $50-$70 range at Radioshack, which is an expensive place anyway. I've been tempted to look at the Spychanger-style RC transformers, but I just can't bring myself to go back to the store. At least the one I worked at, anyway. There's one Radioshack in town that's pretty cool.

5. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Funny, this one actually has a card saying ATTENTION, DO NOT RETURN TO THE PURCHASING STORE instead contact this number etc for warranty stuff..

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Well, in the video, the SS was flying pretty well. Try it!

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Yeah, as soon as I manage up the batteries and a nice day, it'll be the first thing I do. Of late it's kinda looked like this..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you notice..All the leaves are motioned blurred by some super heavy winds etc..
    And of course then when I can buy batteries, I go out and buy these instead..
    [​IMG]

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ... that FLIES! :) 

10. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

I take it all back--Any doubts or complaints--

COOLEST TOY EVER!!!

I've never had so much fun as I did today taking this thing out with my friend to fly it..OMG! The distance it can reach, the height..And once you actually kinda figure out how to fly it, it gets even more fun!! It takes crashes wonderfully, nothing broke, even when it came down hard, or you can power down, and if it has enough altitude, it levels out and comes in for a nice soft level landing. We were out there for over an hour, interfering with this little league baseball game.. and, well, this thing pretty much went from over the fence in the outfield to home plate ( I think we annoyed a few coaches!!) This is just the greatest thing, well worth the money on it--even for styrofoam and tape!! It takes 6 AA batteries, 30mins to charge, hours of fun!!

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Radio Shack is about to get $40 from me.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    SOLD!!!

Not really....

13. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

You won't regret it..And I'm telling you..It'll be the most fun you'll have with a toy. This is officially the first toy I own that won't just be a display item, this is going to be used often!

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hope this thing has been holding up wellsince you had it for awhile, about to go get one.

Would keep it misb, but since it does'nt really look too much like a TF, I think I'll set it free. Hope I don't fly it into someones eye

15. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Take it out into a really wide open treeless space..And just have at it..You can launch it from the ground--If you have a flat level surface, or hold it in your hand..But that's more difficult because you need to push up on the throttle on the remote at the same time to launch it.

Just so much fun--And it takes a crash really well!

16. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I did not see this thread last month, so I was just reading through it thinking "Man, she's going to change her tune once she starts flying it around."

Now get you need to get Blackout for indoor flying fun!

17. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

I saw it, and passed..It wasn't Blackout, and it can't possibly be better than Starscream

18. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

so haw many people in that baseball game tried to aim at the flier?

19. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

They were kids..Little league stuff..They didn't have a chance..But the coach was pissed.

20. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

did he say any 'regretable' language in front of the children?