Radio Shack XMODS Barricade lights help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shibamura_prime, Jul 10, 2007.

1. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I just picked up the XMODS Radio Shack Barricade. It's a pretty sweet RC car, but I've got a problem with the add-on light kits. I bought the Police Light and regular head/tail light kits and after installing both of them only the head light kit kicks on and not the police bar. If I unplug the headlight mod, the police bars work fine.

Anyone know enough about these cars to help me out? Will it only run one light kit at a time?

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Sounds like either you are drawing too much juice for both, or they are wired opposite of each other

3. shibamura_prime

News Credits:
    I've heard the lights draw a lot of power, so a distribution problem was my first guess.

4. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

According to the Xmod forums I go to, you can't have both because they take too much power together. So unless you wanna upgrade everything, you'll have to pick one set or the other.

5. shibamura_prime

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads-up. I noticed while playing around with it some more that the police lights are coming on, their just really really dim. I might upgrade it just for the hell of it. Since they're customizable I might as well take advantage of it. ^_^