Non-TF: Radicons Changes - All Who Care Read!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Tony_Bacala, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah what happend to the old sysytem? haveing seperate categories in the radicons min-site made navigation SO much easy than it is now. its riculous to not be able to simpley click the radicons tab on the main page to take me there and then just select the category im looking for immediately. instead (and this is of no offense to anyone) i have to look at thread in categories i dont want to in order to find the ones im looking for. i apologize again but i almost never look at the fanart sections and stick to the minor repaint and heavy mod sections. sifting through everything else to look at the customs i want is daunting and needless. please give us back the old system. this one is far less efficient

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    How to Sort By Prefix In the Current Layout

Guys, read. Tony_B already posted a link showing how to sort through the prefixes temporarily. If you take the time to look down the page, it's right there in black and white, with no real need for explanation.

We all loved the setup from just before all of this (that is more than apparent after reading this entire thread--which is what I recommend everyone who cares actually do). The thing is, they are asking what we liked and disliked overall--this is basically your shot at having a voice and being heard as to what you would like to see here........OTHER than "change it back". The functionality is still there, it's just not laid out for you in an easier format like before. With that said, try it out.

Personally, I'm glad everyone gets a chance to sound off on Radicons as a whole. It can only make things better.

3. Pulse

Pulse Hugged a minicon today?

Ebay:
    It isn't just about sorting, it's about access.

Was the old way to easy to access?

I come to TFW for 2 things, news and Radicons. Before I could get both right on the front page.

I can understand wanting to make things better but you should have the upgrade in place before scrapping the old version and then asking for input.

The end result, for me (can't speak for anyone else) is the amount of time I spend cruising radicons has dropped by about 75%.

4. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

i agree with you.... better structure less irritations like it was before and i also agree that this should have been asked before it was done... make me feel like we dont matter much.. but that,s just my opinion....

also i,ve noticed that there seems to be allot less moderators then before... any reason why ?

5. battlefudge

battlefudge Well-Known Member

I understand the whole prefix thing, and the sidebars, but I really preferred the old skin. It was easy to navigate. Essentially we had a menu page and that is what people need. Please bring it back.

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tony B. I do have one thing that just upset me a bit it was the thread entitled, "Life of a Radicon" and it wasn't accepting new posts and it wasn't a bad thread, but I guess you and the rest of the mods had your reasons, but you can bring that back awesome if not then its no biggie. Changes are made some good and some bad and we need to accept it no matter how lame it is. So there you go.

7. GeoKaiser

GeoKaiser Wardick Zeus

Ebay:
    just put the sort drop list at the top of the page instead of the bottm...

8. changy

changy Well-Known Member

As it currently is, it's way too confusing.
    I liked the old Radicons format it was good

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    axe the anonymous rating system. I'm (and others) sick of seeing 10 page threads of how great a custom is, but see poor ratings. It really makes this forum feel like high school.

10. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

yes it does... but at the same time this might be the only way some people have to say something negative about a project without saying it... anyway i dont take notice at the rate.... comments say way more then that system...

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Honestly, I keep forgetting there even IS a ratings system. I never notice it.

zmog

12. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    Maybe I just havent figured out how to navigate this new look yet, it's only my second time here since the change, but I dont like that the "radicons" button is gone from the front page, and I also dont like that the sub-categories are gone as well (scratch-built, minor repaints, art, etc buttons). As I'm a little older, and not a fan of browsing through pages and pages of forums where it's mostly bickering teenagaers, one thing I particularly liked about this site is the ability to go straight to the radicons page, and from there straight to either scratch built or minor repaint to look for ideas depending on what I'm working on.
    Just my thoughts, thanks for your time.
    Later

13. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

I think what I really don't like is that since everything is in the same forum group now, things get pushed off of the first few pages sooooo quickly. When there were multiple forums, you stuff could have a little more time in the spotlight for people to see and give comments and criticism on.

14. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

This is more of a 'if I could wish for a feature' more than anything. I think this would require something outside of vBulletin.

Now, the way the Galleries are setup are pretty good. If I wanted to see something made from an Energon Shockblast, I just need to scroll though all of the Energon customs. However, 80% of the customs on this board do not have galleries. They are either not submitted (I'll admit, I never bothered with mine) or they don't have enough pictures to qualify.

What would be really awesome would be an option (more than just the 'keywords'/tags) on the thread posting that you could select or enter the figure(s) customized in the thread and the character they were modded into. Something that may not be required but that mods could edit or add. Then, there would be a search option for folks to search on.

Like, I remember seeing an awesome custom recently on a Universe Inferno. I believe it was part of a combiner custom. I could just search for all custom threads with an Inferno as a base. Right now, I can search for Inferno in a post and hope to find the thread but results where someone says "you should try using inferno" would come up, as well as other crosstalk. Or if I wanted to see all Shockwave customs, no matter what toy made them, I could. Right now, I can try going to the advanced search and search just the title for Shockwave but some posts might not come up (like if one was labeled 'Til All Are Dead!').

The drawback would be that some, or many, people may find it a PITA to select these. I think these may be the same ones who can't attach images too. The fields can't be required for this reason, unfortunately.

Just throwing that out there! Thanks for listenin'!

15. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I really dont like this, I never liked the boards format to start with and now I'm forced to go through them to get to my beloved and now confusing Radicons section, there's no easy quick links...just feels wrong,and ackward please at least bring back a Radicon button with sub categories to look through.

16. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    If that's the case, then I wish we could get this back to how it looked before the current change and give Radicons they're own section. It seemed simpler that way to me.

Just out of curiosity, why the change in the first place?

Later

17. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    :poke 

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I can't believe people are still missing the point of this thread.

19. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the new setup just as much as the old.
    The forums are not difficult to navigate.
    But toss the rating system. or at the very least remove the anonymous aspect of it.

Make it so if someone wants to rate, they have to comment and it displays thier rating next to their comment.

20. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to chime in about the ratings system, it'd be great if it wasnt anonymous. Some accountability might keep asshats from being... asshats. :D 

Or if it could be turned off when making a new thread. Like with poll options, we can make it anonymous or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.