Radar/motion tracker in WFC2?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Rexidus, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What would you guys think if they introduced a motion tracker/radar in WFC2?

Personally I think the game could benefit from it IMENSLY. I often lament it's apsense in WFC. Am I alone?

2. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Yes! because you could know when someone sneaks up behind you so you can turn around and melee them! Btw, I meant yes that we should have this in WFC2, not yes that you're alone lol.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I can't count the number of times someone has snuck up on me and bashed my head in with a melee weapon when I was firing off at some distant enemy. Yes, we NEED a motion tracker system for WFC2.

4. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh, I like the orbital beacon. Makes it a lot easier to snipe and find stealthed scouts.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    And that's exactly the reason this feature shouldn't be added. It would make Scouts useless.

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    NO. it would ruin the whole point of being cloaked for scouts and you can easily find disguised Scientist. If you're on low health you can be easily tracked and ganged up on. Soldiers, who aren't fast can be easily tracked again and teamed.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    bingo. it was not included for a reason. orbital beacon was more then enough.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Unless they made it so that invisibility also blocks you from radar. Likewise disguise could make you appear as friendly.

While I could live without it, I wouldn't mind it.

9. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Exactly Split Lip. Halo has invisibility and it doesn't hurt it. Also it wouldn't have infinite range. In fact it would be a fairly close range. Even with a motion tracker you can loose enemies in Halo. Orbital beacon would still be useful because it works on the entire map and pinpoints everyone's location, including cloaked enemies.

So far the only argument against it that I feel holds water is that Soldiers possibly would have a harder time loosing a scout, but it's nearly impossible to do that now.

I use motion trackers to make up for the lack of other senses I don't have in game. Peripheral vision, the ability to quickly glance behind you, total surround sound (yes I lack surround sound). Lacking one makes me feel like I'm blind.

10. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Nah, Orbital Beacon is good enough, plus it's pretty easy to get. Having a radar would screw with the class system and gameplay.

11. Rexidus

News Credits:
    Again, I disagree. A radar would have a tiny range compared to the Orbital Beacon and not work on invisible/disguised foes.