3D Artwork: Rack n Ruin Upgrade Components

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Wheel_Jack, May 1, 2012.

1. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    One of the coolest wreckers that ever was. I've always wanted to incorporate gundam parts more fully in my customs collection. Even though this model doesn't quite look like marvel's rack'n'ruin, I felt that the basic feel of r'n'r is well personified with this particular gundam model. The tieren is a stocky, no nonsense brawler and his over all design, with a little stretch of the imagination, could be ancient cybertronian technology...maybe?

Anyway, this is a little upgrade kit I've been working on to accompany two MSJ-06II-A Tieren Ground types in 1/144 scale. These gundam kits are great and stand about deluxe height in transformers' scale.
    The upgrade kit will include an anvil and hammer that will pop into the gundam wrist sockets. A shoulder connector that attaches the two gundams together, articulated. A waist extender that gives them a little more height and stretches out their proportions better. A holster for their back packs that can hold their riffles. And ball and socket "lower" heads. These parts require the gundam heads to fit on top of them.
    I planned this out so that it will require the same level of skill as assembling the gundam kits plus a little paint.
    These will be made available at shapeways after my test pieces arrive and I've had a chance to make sure everything fits properly.
    thanks for looking folks

Attached Files:

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Neat Wheel Jack. Not so sure about the choice of Tierens as bases, but neat nonetheless.

3. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    Yeah, I think it's just a personal preference. This is for my collection to start with and then maybe available to others if they're interested in creating their own.
    I'm sure RnR isn't on everyone's want list. :) 

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I wouldn't say that. I once had a RnR Breacher Upgrade in the works, with two Breachers. And then i scrapped that idea...

...okay, yeah, you may be right. RnR isn't (aren't?) that popular after all...

Also, does it work with the spacee Tieren? Or the Taozi (pink RnR :lol )?

5. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

I found these component kits last night and they are awesome!

BTW what happened to the Darkwing arm kits? They are no longer available.

6. MoonBaseTom

MoonBaseTom Inventor of Mac'n Cheese

Ebay:
    Nice assembly, can't wait to see it in print.

7. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    A1, yeah, I think most parts would work. the back gun holster probably wouldn't. I don't own either of those. the pink one is quite silly. :)  and the space one has those weird legs.
    thanks think tank, the darkwing arms will be back up as soon as I fix a few things. maybe a couple days.
    mbt, thanks, me too. :) 

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  8. Nzekt

Nzekt New Member

Is this available anywhere? I'd love to buy a set! Thanks! :) 

9. Nzekt

Nzekt New Member

I actually think they make pretty awesome bases, considering the crappy drawings I've seen of them in the comics. I think it's a logical conclusion and probably the best I've seen out of all the customs out there! They're pretty frikkin perfect and that kit is the missing ingredient! Please let me know where I can buy one. Thanks!