Rachet dead?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Finchfan000, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Finchfan000

Finchfan000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys, I have been a avid reader of the forums for years, however I never registered until now. Nice to "speak" to you all finally lol.

Anyway has anyone else notices the lack of Ratchet in the trailers and reports?
    He is no where in the teaser or trailer and is also missing from the GM Ad. You think he gets picked off early or does he just have a very minor role in this one?

2. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

When I keep thinking of Ratchet not dying, I keep seeing him as Lucius Fox in The Dark Knight: the man directing the Autobot brawn at HQ. Why send the brains into danger?

3. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    Hey. Welcome. He probably doesn't have a major role in the film like Bumblebee or the Fallen. We will probably see him floating around throughout various scenes kind of like what they did with him in the first movie.

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

As far as the first movie goes.... I can only hazard a guess in that it's about numbers. The autobots are out numbered and out gunned, everyone fights or everyone dies. Besides, Rachet can handle himself.

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, if you think about it he really wasn't in the trailers/teasers for the first movie either.

Dead or not, as long as that Robot Replicas figure hits the shelves I'm happy. XD

6. Wolfbrother

Wolfbrother Asha'man

Welcome. You can get a glimpse of him in the GM add, I believe it's toward the end. Also, here is a picture of one of his toys from ComingSoon.net...

Attached Files:

7. Banzaitron45

Banzaitron45 Well-Known Member

Probably a minor role. I just feel I should say this real quick, I did not enjoy his voyager class toy neither the regular nor the rescue version.

8. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

One thing could be this entire bankruptcy thing with GM. GM has been trying to unload Hummer for 9 months now but can't find a buyer to take it off their hands. No one is wanting the Hummer brand and that could be a reason why GM isn't promoting the Hummer and as a consequence of that - we aren't seeing Ratchet. Why spend your ad dollars on a model that isn't performing well?

9. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, although I doubt that affected the writers: it was logical to just have Ratchet take more of a backseat because he's a more passive Autobot.

10. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Um I would doubt that. These are guys that were forced by GM to incorporate "Volt" into the movie at the request of GM. Lets not kid ourselves, the TF movie is half Hasbro toy commercial/half GM car commercial. The writers will do whatever GM wants, including lessening Ratchet's role if GM feels the Hummer is no longer viable.

11. Finchfan000

Finchfan000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are right, he shows up at the very end behind the Volt. Good catch, I did not see that.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He did cut Brawl's arm off. His arm. RIGHT OFF. And shot him in the face so hard it made him flip over.

He was also able to hold off Starscream with Ironhide, even though his face collided with Starscream after he took off.

All I gotta say is, he better not be fucking dead. he was one of my favourite characters in the first movie. ("That was tingly!")

13. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I hope Ratchet doesn't die. If he does, then he'd better come back in TF3.

14. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

I believe he is off in a bunker somewhere fixing bots, doing research on how to bring down Devastator/The Fallen, working on Jetfire, or other work. That can all be done in CGI.

15. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I don't think he will die in the movie. They would market him more as a returning character if he is going to get off'd in it. Build up that emotional connection or whatever. I think Ironhide has a better chance of getting killed.

I can see him being part of a group that finds some kind of relic, then ends up spending a significant portion of the movie working with it or something while the rest are all out fighting the bad guys.

I am really curious to see what all of the Autobots have been doing between movies. They will surely reintroduce the returning characters by showing them doing stuff that reveals what they have been up to.

I bet Ironhide is part of some Army group that is always packing big guns around and stuff.

Ratchet's maybe working with human doctors to learn about Human medical practices? That'd be kinda cool. Of course, he could just learn most of that stuff by scanning the interwebs or something.

What's Prime been doing? I want to know!

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Wayne Enterprises sure has some high tech stuff. Look at that late 1990s Slot 1 Pentium 3 processor and accompanying motherboard behind the monitor*.

*I noticed it in the movie, not from this pic :p 

17. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! I find the ongoing questions about Ratchet's role in the movie intriguing. The character left an impression, even though he had a minor role in TF1. I wonder if Orci et al have noticed the concern about this.

I hope you're right.

That cheap shot Starscream delivered was sooooo telling.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you need a hobby. :) 

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

40+ robots according to rumors. A fairly large human cast as well. Over two hours of movie and only a few minutes to a trailer.

I don't think that because we haven't seen much of Ratchet means he's getting killed off early on. Movie folks like their stuff to focus on new stuff and the big stars. Hasbro likes the focus of the toys to be on the big stars and new stuff as well. I think it's just a case of where there is so much stuff that they just haven't had the time or room to show us much of Ratchet so far.

I mean just look at how much stuff Hasbro didn't show off at Toy Fair that we've seen pictures of here so just because it's not in the early trailers or at Toy Fair doesn't mean it's time to start worrying.

19. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all I want to know is if he getting a new flippn' /deluxe/voyager/human alliance figure or not, the first one suck balls.

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i highly doubt that he's dead-im hoping him and some assistant/associate (Wheeljack?) will be repairing someone off-screen for most of the film.