Raaaaaaaaaaage!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blue Meanie, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

We have a cleaning service that comes by my house once a month and does our cleaning. Well they brought a new girl today, and I explained to her to leave my stuff alone and DO NOT go in or Vacuum my (TF) room. Little did I realize I was talking to a wall because she doesn't speak a lick of english and just nods to get rid of me. I put my daughter to sleep after they leave and when I come out I have a surprise. My Mike Mignola black and white statue, broken. My Clayburne Moore/Frazetta Barbarian statue, broken in 3 places. So I am flipping out, they don't say shit to me, just break and drop statues and go about there business. If the said something, cool, shit happens give me the pieces and I'll fix it. BUT THEY VACUUMED THE PIECES!! And it gets better. I go into my TF room, which has boxes and pieces/weapons being organized on the floor. AND SHE VACUUMED! She pushed stuff out of the way WITH the vacuum and sucked up god knows what. I lost it, I am smashed my beater car with my garbage can and my fists to let out the rage and I am still shaking. I have to pick through the central vacuum bag, or give up and chuck everything up as lost. Either way I eat shit. I can't wait for them to call back and fire them.

2. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    ouch man..very ouch! That sucks big time! Hope they make it right somehow...pay for it or something!

3. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've had cleaning services come to my house, and first and foremost, if they don't speak English, they're not cleaning my room.

That really sucks man. Hopefully you'll be able to complain to the service or something and while it's a stretch, compensate you for the damages.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Damn, she's so fired

5. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ouch man! That's bad. They do deserve to be fired! And compensate for all the stuff broken and vacumed!

I've never understood why people who don't understand english get a job which involves people though? Isn't it better to take a job with as little contact that'll need understandable english as possible, untill you atleast can understand simple things as: Don't clean there!

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Holy crap, dude. I don't even know what to say to that... o_O 

7. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

oh shit man, I would have been in these peoples faces........screaming bloody murder.

8. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

That really sucks! I would be giving someone a call! Don't just let it go man. I feel your pain.

9. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

OMG, that's terrible! She definitely deserves to be fired.

When I was still living with my parents way back we had an excellent maid come in once a week. Never touched my mom's collectibles and she just did a wonderful job. After she retired, we went through a few other peple and they were terrible! Barely spoke English and they broke things, left doors open (we have indoor cats)...parents finally said screw it and now my mom just cleans everything herself over the weekend.

So I do understand where you're coming from.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's absolutely awful, they must hire complete idiots to break stuff, ignore it, and vacuum up piles of parts that are on the floor.

I'd get a lock for that room if you get another crew, save yourself the hassle of communicating.

11. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Holy Shit!! That sucks ass, I hope you fire her ass 'cause you know you need to speak a little bit of english so that this crap doesn't happen, but shit happens and now you need to calm yourself down and try to find whatever pieces that were damaged so you can at least fix it. If not well fire this person and get them to pay for the damages and I hope to God you get a good lawyer for this.

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Sorry dude that really sucks.

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    wow that is bad!! I would make them pay for the statues, sue them for the value of the statues I would be raging. As for stuff she could have vacuumed up at least you have a central vaccuum so you can go through it and pick out what you need, won't be so bad with gloves. It could be worse they could have used their own vaccuums and they could be gone with whatever it was they vacuumed up.

14. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah me too and I think that'd be the only way you might get anywhere with this situation, you have a clear argument ("I clearly stated not to vaccum x, which they then immediately vaccumed, as well as broke other things and ran off after"...I don't think 'sorry they can't understand english' would stand up as a response)....sucks so hard dude sorry for you.

^EDIT: yeah, like threatening suing or whatever

15. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    "Hello, INS?"

:lol 

16. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

The worst art is that the statues won't be replaced. They are both low numbers and fetch wacko prices on ebay. I am trying to calm down so when my daughter wakes up I am not all pissed. I grabbed some styrene to try and fix Batman, get to work on that and if I can get it lookin good again I will feel a lot better. Luckily the Frazetta has breaks I can paint and it will look normal.

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Sue.

Seriously, they're responsible for damaged property. my neighbor works for a cleaning service, he said that if they damage anything in the place they're cleaning, they have to reimburse the customer for it in full. that includes super-expensive stuff. of of the guys he worked with got fired because he cost the company over 2 grand replacing a TV that he smashed the speaker of.

18. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, I didn't realize you were talking about the Mike Mignola Batman statue. That thing is too beautiful for words, and if I saw it broken in my own home, I'd shed more tears than I ever have at any funeral.

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's why you lock your collection room, with two locks, that ONLY YOU can open. Especially if you have outside cleaners.

20. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Document EVERYTHING. Take pictures, find out replacement values, and demand they reimburse you. I don't care if low numbers fetch crazy aftermarket prices. That's THEIR problem. Don't just back down and only fire them. There is no reason you should spend time gluing and painting to try to repair the damage and give up parts as lost. They broke and/or lost your stuff, and it's up to them to make it right.

If they refuse reimbursement, sue them. I'm serious. I'm not one to advocate our overly litigous society, but this is a pretty clear case of a situation in which it may be necessary.