R U able to help? Rescued Dog needs surgery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparkhunter, Sep 13, 2007.

1. sparkhunter

sparkhunter Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi,

I hate to even ask but my family and I adopted a german shepard the past weekend and yesterday we found out she is in need of a hip surgery known as a FHO.

Basically she needs to have surgery to reshape and repair the ball joint of her hip.
    Our vet thinks she was hit by a car and the ball was crushed. they need to go in clean out the bones spurrs and reconstruct the joint.

the total bill is going to be around $2300.00 dollars.

When they found her she was badly underweight and infected with worms. She is now about 73 pounds and otherwise healthy, expect for her hip.

the rscue we got her from gave us the option to return her, which is about a 7 hour drive one way, or keep her,

We have opted to keep her and are working with a few groups to collect the money needed for the operation.

I hoping that some of you will find it in your hearts to help too.

Please message me if you would like to help and I'll give you my paypal address to give your donation too.

please no flaming, no rude comments, I'm simply asking for your help or at least your prayers to help her heal.

thanks

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

wish we could man, but we undergoing financial rearrangements at the moment.

3. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

get a carecredit credit card. my dog Diesel needed $3,000 worth in surgeries and we got it. you can pretty much use it at any vet facility. most vets should have payment plans anyway so if that doesn't cover it then just use one of their in house plans. good luck.

4. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Got a picture of the dog?

Did you guys check the dog before adopting it? Watch it walk or run? Did you guys see a problem?

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I wish I could help, but as you can see from my sig I'm in the same boat as you. I sent a prayer for your dog, tho.

The groups you're working with, are they like pet foundations that help out with this sort of thing? I'm hoping to get on with Cats In Crisis myself.

--Moony

6. sparkhunter

Ebay:
    she had a small limp, that the adoption agency thought was because of her being so under weight and loss of muscle.

our vets in the area do NOT have payment plans. and as for carecredit.com I was denied.

We are working with german shepherd rescue to try to do a fund raiser for her, as is the agency we got her from.

it won't let me paste her pic in her, any ideas as to how i can add her pic?

Thanks

7. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

use photobucket.com or some other if all else fails.

if you live by a major university try them for the surgery. they have the best vets and they'll do the work at a cheaper price.

8. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    How old is she? And do you have a website for this rescue group?

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Wish the vets here had payment plans, our cat cosmos had broken his femur, they told us to bring the cat down and the vet would do it that day, well the vert decided he wasent going to come into work today or the day after and they tried to charge us almost $200 for him to stay at the hosipital when they were the ones who told us to bring him down and the stupid owner/vet just didnt feel like coming in.

10. sparkhunter

Ebay:
    our vet says she is about 3.