Customs: R:E painting Titans return heads.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Jhund, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Just wondering in regards to Titans return heads. If anyone has painted/ currently painting one of them . Is there a specific tool/ technique you're using, that you're willing to share ? I had an extremely hard and tiring time with just painting in chromedome's eye yellow. Just wondering if there's an easier way than with toothpicks

Attached Files:

2. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Depends on the head, really.
    I prefer a sable 00 round detail brush, using slightly thinned acrylics (Valejo, Reaper Pro Series). Toothpicks are passable for some things (like picking teeth), but invest in a good brush. I use ones from Hobby Lobby designed for miniature painting, and they are only in the $5 range.

For Megatron and Galvatron, I laid down a layer of black, then used the brush tip and drew back from the inner point, which created a very sharp edge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For Astrotrain, I used a dark gray as the base, then using the thin brush I worked inward from the edges of the eyes. That way it keeps the outside crisp while allowing for the inside to be flood-filled.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Ah thanks , I'm using italeri but my hobby shop doesn't sell 00 size . I was ignorant of that size due to my familiarity with the shop. Haha thanks , guess I have to hunt one down now.