Quitting smoking with Chantix

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LamboTwinLove, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At least youre trying to stop, thats the main thing. It took me many times of trying to stop before it finally took. It isnt easy, I use to chew and smoke. People that have never been in that spot really have no idea what they are talking about. Good luck to you and keep trying.

2. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Exactly. I mean I get what he says about doing it on your own. But that hasn't worked for me. And chantix worked for my dad. And with my insurance it cost me nothing. So why not try it and see if this will help me finally kick it? What do I have to lose?

Thank you very much.

3. Brave Convoy

Brave Convoy Banned

No, my approval isn't needed. But yours for yourself is. And you'll never get your own approval until you start kicking your own ass and start living up to your potential of self discipline, focus and strength.

Don't be offended. NEVER let anyone offend you. Being offended is a choice you make on your own. I think it's a pretty sad life to go around letting other people be in control of whether you're happy or offended. Being offended is a choice. Nothing ever offends me because I never let it.

Don't quit for your sister, your friends or anyone else but yourself. Quit and make YOURSELF proud. Because everybody in your life will come and go. They'll love you one minute and hate you the next. They'll call you friend one minute and be offended the next. You have to try your best for you and you alone.

And you absolutely positively have to embrace the difficult things in life and stop seeking ease and comfort if you ever want to achieve the potential of greatness you have within you. Look back in history to all of the greatest men and women who lived on this planet. None of them chose a life of comfort. They all chose of life of sacrifice, struggle and difficulty, and they've been immortalized for it. We love them for it. We consider them heroes and inspirations.

Remember that next time something's hard or uncomfortable.

Good luck.

Does it change anything if I say I've been in that spot? How about if I say I've been through worse? Why does it even matter? Good advice is good advice. I've always been able to recognize it when I've heard it, and telling people "Well you don't understand" never got me anywhere. It's only when i stopped making excuses and calling people hyprocrites and actually listening to their words of wisdom and encouragement did I start to actually grow stronger. Stop being so afraid, asking for proof and explanation, and just do what you know deep down in your heart needs to be done. Simplify and get 'er done.

4. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    All I can say is good luck. I can't count how many times I've tried quitting myself over the past couple of years, both patch and lozenges. Longest I can go on the patch was two days, then the insomnia and high blood pressure kicks in. I know it's easier said than done but if Chantix don't help, try giving cold turkey a shot. That's how my grandpa quit after smoking for more than half his life. Then again, he was very ill during that time to the point where he just said "I'm done" and he's been clean for going on a decade now.

5. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

Good luck!!!! :) 

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good luck with the meds. If that doesn't work, try not buying them.
    ;) 

*waits for ORIO to come in here and kick my ass*

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My mother wanted to try Chantix, but her doctor refused to prescribe the drug to her with the side effects of depression and suicide thoughts.

I have to agree with the doctor. My mother has changed ever since my dad passed away two years ago.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good luck to you, quitting smoking is no easy feat. I smoked years ago (with asthma, such a dumbass :lol ) and pretty much HAD to quit because after awhile every breath I took sounded like a train wreck.

9. LamboTwinLove

thanks everyone! I appreciate all the support!!

10. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Always nice to hear of someone kicking a bad habit. Hearing Chantix makes me think of that tortoise. :D  Good luck!

11. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Good Luck, Lambo!

I used the patch. I quit a year and half ago and I'm so glad I did. I really don't even think about smoking anymore.

But, I'm wondering where all that "extra" money is that I thought I would have!

Oh, now I know...it's sitting on my TF and G.I.Joe shelves!

12. LamboTwinLove

lol not buying them would only work so long. I tried that once and lasted almost 3 days before I went to mom and told her a cigarette or your life and she handed me a whole pack fearing for her life.

I don't think ORIO will kick your ass... unless there is something I'm missing.

13. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good luck! :thumb 

14. LamboTwinLove

Yeah, that extra money is something I am looking forward to. I want to try and save up to move out of my parents house and of course I can always reward myself with new TF's whenever I reach a goal.

I have a few different goals I'm trying to make happen here and I decided smoking was the first one.

- Quit smoking
    - Work on weight issues
    - Get better paying job
    - Get my own place
    - Get puppy or kitten or both

15. LamboTwinLove

Thank you!!

16. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i quit a year ago, with the easy way to stop smoking book, helped a lot, a bunch of my friends have used chantix with similar results

17. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Once again, I wish you luck, Lambo. I may have to quit today myself because I have ten dollars left and am determined to use it if I see RID Arcee or Knock Out at Walmart. I'm gonna try cold turkey this time, only using lozenges when I absolutely need them. I personally hate the patch. Constant itching for the first 30 minutes, increased anxiety, blood pressure, insomnia...

18. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just don't become TFW's crazy cat lady.

19. LamboTwinLove

Awesome!! I might have to take a look at that book as some extra help.

Oh, I remember those days. It was tough to stick to that since I had family members and friends that would let me bum off them. But if you're not near it and you don't have them it's a bit easier to distract yourself.

I've never tried the patch because of those issues.

lol Nah I just want one cat. A black and white one that I will name either Prowl or Prowler. Not exactly sure yet.

Also! All updates will edited into the first post to keep them organized and easier to find.

20. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Keep it up, you'll be smoke free before you know it.

I've been smoke free since September....makes functioning and breathing WAY easier!!