Quite possibly a stupid question about the Masterpiece Seeker mold...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ShadowStitch, Nov 17, 2007.

1. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    So. I've got the Masterpiece Skywarp, and the Masterpiece Greenscream (currently in the beauty parlor for a Thundercracker makeover) and in the process of taking him apart, I noticed something strange.

If you look at the edge of the shoulder on the Masterpiece Skywarp or Starscream figures, there's a little plastic bit, a pivoting socket that doesn't seem to attach to anything or serve any purpose I can ascertain.

Turned one way.
    [​IMG]

Turned the other way.
    [​IMG]

I'm assuming it's there on the USA MP:SS, though I haven't got one yet to see. The question is, does anyone know what this is FOR? Does it serve some obscure purpose in transformation that I have somehow missed, or is it maybe for some sort of accessory or other undocumented feature?

I'm going to go dig out the boxes and check the manuals, but if anyone has a quick answer, by all means, please share!

2. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's speculated that they were going to be attachment points for the shoulderpads from the coronation scene. That was supposedly planned to go with the figure.

3. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Interesting. Maybe we'll see another re-release with ceremonial garb, or an upgrade set like the MP-05 add-ons. Whatever it is, it's not documented in the manual anywhere... in fact, the illustrations act like it's not even there.

4. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its on the US SS and they are black so it really stands out with the white...i so hope that they will release a ceremonial thing soon or justitoys will make one!

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, it's like MP-01 having the trailer hole on Optimus' leg. It's there so that future releases will be backwards compatible.

Which would make us all feel like fools for buying the original version...

And, long before photos of the prototype showed up, there were design pictures clearly showing us the crown and shoulder pads. These pictures also had a surprisingly show-accurate face, which somehow got lost in the translation from 2D to plastic.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    there's also holes in the sides of starscream's head for his crown.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Wow there's so many MP Starscream threads now we need a single thread to put them all together, but instead of combining them, the first post can be a table of contents page with links to all the threads.

Not complaing, it's a good question, we just need some organizing at this point since he's such a popular fig IMO
    Since there was a similar thread posted when the original MP Screamer was released.

You took better pics though :)