Quirky G1 Season 2 Screenshots

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Monzo, Aug 9, 2007.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

G1 animation only make the show more entertaining to watch. It wouldn't be G1 without them.

2. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Diggin the error pics everyone but the start of this thread, that last pic with Megatron "grabbing" Starscream's jock...priceless. Maybe they had some sort of closet relationship going on? That would account for all the petty arguing and jealousy. Maybe they were just to afraid to come out of the closet like Tracks...lol (looking back on that thread from a few weeks ago).

3. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They may not have added animation errors, but they did do some strange things to the audio. I swear I've heard star trek sound effects in there.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    oh yeah, they "remastered" the audio. tons of new sound effects that sound like shit.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    ah, good times. I guess I wasn't old enough when I first saw G1 to notice all this stuff.

6. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

From the DVD I remember lots of sound FX from "Star Wars" and "Star Trek"--was that in the original '80s aired show?

On one of the DVDs Rhino actually included an "extra" about all (OK, some) of the animation errors, acknowledging that there were a lot. I remember there being a lot of errors even from when I watched it as a kid. Doesn't bother me terribly. The show was and will always be amusing and entertaining. Along with the animation errors, I just came to accept that the Transformers change size, especially Megatron and Soundwave.

Obviously, however, I am not as much of a G1 geek as I thought I was, because I didn't know what I was looking for in all of those pictures. Some errors or oddities were obvious, some I could have used a hint. That would make a great TF trivia quiz! Identify what's wrong in these pictures...

7. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No way. When I heard some of the star trek sound effects, I thought they might have come from ST:TNG, which didn't even start airing till '87.

8. Eazy D

Eazy D Oh S***,whadda we do now?

Since the topic states "quirky" things from season 2 I thought It would be relevant if I posted this here:

I remember a season two episode where Optimus (with the autobots behind him) does some really fancy roll-and-shooting. He basically rolls side to side while looking face-on at the camera and every time he get up to shoot they sped up the animation on his gun so it flicks around and sprays bullets all over the screen.

It was actually really really well done and looked completely out-of-place in a series where the robots just stood still and fired straight ahead (and still couldn't hit a brick wall!)

I can't remember the name of the episode but If anyone does it would be great to know to watch it again.