Quintessons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

What i dont understand is what happened to the Quints after season 3? As they were not shown or heard of in the rebirth series. Could they all have been destroyed?

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt they were desroyed, if the 4th season would have went longer, we would have seen more of them. But since they only had 3 episodes, the importance was on selling the new toys

3. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well since season 4 was only 3 episodes, they didn't have much room there. Also since they aren't transformers they never got toys, and people just forgot about them.

You got Alpha Q in Energon and apart from that they mostly appeared in comics.

But mainly because they would be difficult to market as toys in a transformers line.

4. nerovolpi

nerovolpi Actively Lurking

haven't watched G1 as far as season 3.... can somebody help me?

5. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Five Faces of Darkness Parts 1-5. Watch it on youtube and absorb. Anything anyone says here will spoil it for you.

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I think they might of been in the first Transformers Universe story. I thought I saw something about them being active in the post BM Cybertron era.

7. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    ET kidnapped all quints from all the universe to use as universe covers for light bulbs...figure out how they got the light bulbs inside :) 

8. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Simple - The Quints were from Season 3. The less spoken about them, the better. :lol 

It was probably due to the fact that they were never produced as toys. If kids couldn't buy them, What was the point of depicting them on the cartoon? So they were forgotten about at the 1st opportunity. Makes sense to me.

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

10. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

I thought the Quints were an interesting plot device. I've never liked the "Unicron is the TF dark god/Primus is their creator" thing. I like that the TF's started off without conscious thought and were later able to overthrow their tyrannical creators and try to carve out their own civilization. Then it backfires and erupts into civil war. It makes for a more interesting story IMO. I wonder why they never showed up in the Japanese headmasters storyline. A third faction with an agenda against both the Autobots & the Decepticons is pretty interesting to me. Moreso than "Autobots ruin the Decepticons plans for universal conquest in 22 minutes" yet again.

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    TOTALLY agree.

12. Sky-Byte

Sky-Byte Armada Fan

If I remember correctly, in an interview, they were going to play an important part in season 4. Makes sense since the Quints had issues figuring out how to deal with flesh creatures.

Its such a shame that season 4 of Transformers and Sunbow's season 3 of G.I. Joe never got made. Both sounded so interesting (especially G.I. Joe season 3).

13. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

what happened how come they couldnt continue on season 4 and maybe season 5??

Cause i remember Galvatron saying at the end of The Rebirth episode I will rule the world it is my destiny, and the guy next to him says we will Galvatron as they were flying with a shuttle but we never knew what happened after that, as what happened to them where did they go? what happened to the Hives??

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Fans of the toyline lost interest.

The show was already canceled in many US markets even before the Rebirt was aired.

The Rebirth was originally planned as a pilot for a new series.But it failed to gain enough interest for the series to be picked up.

15. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

so my best bet is to get The Headmaster's set right?? as they do talk about the events of The Rebirth??

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

No.

The Headmaster completely ignore the events of "The Rebirth.

Takara did not like Hasbro's concept for the Headmasters toyline.Meaning they didnt like the idea of Human-like aliens controlling TF bodies.

So, they created their own concept of mini robots that control lifeless tf bodies.

The Japanese Headmasters series take place after "The Return of Optimus Prime" and gives you a completly different origin for the masters.

17. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Sto, do you think its worth buying it?

18. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Headmasters has a completely different 'feel' to it than the American series, if anything it's more like a Japanese robot anime. If you think you can take that then sure, go ahead.

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Personally I never liked the Quintesson and the comic origin of them having created the Transformers is a bit silly IMO. I prefer the more mystical side of things since it ads to cybertronian civilization.

Last the Quintessons were heard off, they tried to invade Cybertron with the help of Cryotech (Beast Machines era), but the invasion failed.

20. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in Headmasters and Masterforce should visit TFCog. They have the first 5 episodes of Headmasters and all of Masterforce fandubbed. Apart from one guy who voices Hellbat and Brainstorm, the voices are really good, especially Soundwave.

I like the Primus/Unicron idea. Even as a kid, I felt giving them a theology really added weight to the series. I didn't like the Quintessons back then as I had no interest in characters that weren't Transformers. Of course, we didn't get Season 3 in Ireland apart from a few video releases. As an adult watching S3, I really like them as villains. Pity they ruined Galvatron.

I really like the Wreckers/Universe comics that reconciles the Primus and Quintesson origins.