Quintessons post-Season Three

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shockscream, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Where did the Quintessons go after season three of the cartoon. They aren't in "The Rebirth" and they aren't in Headmasters (from what I've seen), so where did they go?

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, "The Return of Optimus Prime" had them in hiding at the far end of the universe. About two years ago, Kiss Players explained what had happened to them as far as Japanese continuity goes: the Kiss Players were travelling through time aboard Fortress Maximus (the RiD version) at this point in the story, and wound up crossing paths with the Quintessons in 2011 (one year after season 3 in Japan). They were saved from becoming Sharkticon feed by Optimus Prime and Goldbug, and they then fled back into the time portal aboard Fort Max, and the Quintessons were all sucked into the vortex in their wake and trapped there.

Like so!

[​IMG]

3. Shockscream

News Credits:
    Thanks. What about the US continuity?

4. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

Well since the US cartoon continuity ended at The Rebirth, your guess is as good as ours.

I'd also like to know what happened to the Quintessons. I think Flint Dille or one of the other writers said that the Quintessons were going to team up with Unicron's head to attack the Autobots and the Decepticons, if Season 3 had continued. I really wish we could have seen that.

I'm still holding out hope that we might get a direct continuation of the G1 cartoon in some form, even if it's just a comic mini-series, or something like that. I know a lot of people hate the idea of going back to G1 over and over, but The Rebirth, wasn't much of an ending. There were still a lot of season 3 loose ends, like how the Quintessons were still around plotting against everyone, Unicron's head was still out there and Starscream had his new body.

5. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

wasnt starscream killed at the end of ghost in the machine? galvatron was shooting him and screaming die, so i thought it was an off-screen death.

but yeah, it'd be great to get a G1 continuation story

6. Shockscream

News Credits:
    Starscream didn't die. His ghost returned in Beast Wars, which is meant to be post-G1.

I always iked the early stuff that came out before the 1986 movie that had the Quintessons being the minions of Unicron